Network down today, had to sheet stops old school

pkgdriver

00856C86-E8A0-4C9D-9E08-B9EF6362C92F.jpeg

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
I still carry 3 quarters 2 dimes 1 nickel and 4 pennies. Just in case. If you are under 40 you have no idea what I am talking about.

rod

Retired 22 years
I especially loved rainy days working on paper. With soggy delivery records they couldn't prove you did anything wrong.

Hot Carl

That's why it was such a great job back in the day. You ran your own show every day. You ate lunch,
when you wanted, took a break when you wanted, had sex with Mrs. Jones when you wanted.

Bottom line was everything got delivered and picked up. That was it.
As a driver who started at UPS the very same month in which I was born put it, "Boy were those the days, where you could mark that Next Day Air as delivered at 10:28, and not have to show up til 2:30."

PPH_over_9000

These tough guys claim that they don't use their phones but you can probably bet that they do. You can be anybody that you want to be on the internet. Lol.
brother, i definitely use my phone.

Thing is, it's my phone. I use it when I want to, not when other people want me to. When it makes my job easier then it's the best... that, uh... that only seems to be when I'm making the calls. When I'm receiving them, though? Lol, no sir. Airplane mode and catch me if you can.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Any active drivers who remember how to do stops with paper and pen?
I am a feeder driver , but I know all about delivering on paper and pulling out a paper map to set up a car and deliver ,, while driving a stick ,, and wearing long pants , short hair , shaved and no tatts or a man bun ,,, tell 'em how hard we had it @rod ,