Network down today, had to sheet stops old school

R1wonder

Crazy how many things have changed in a short time . Within 8 years we have no standard trucks. I remember driving one with a button on the left of the floor , you’d step on it for high beams . I was like what the Fffff is this thing lol

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Crazy how many things have changed in a short time . Within 8 years we have no standard trucks. I remember driving one with a button on the left of the floor , you’d step on it for high beams . I was like what the Fffff is this thing lol
That’s how all the cars were at one time.

UnionStrong

Tell us more grandpa
Ok sonny
5355590B-A4FB-4389-96C1-03272CFF7092.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
nowadays the extent of things that might throw me off is that one model package car that's 10'4" and seats/drives slightly lower to the floor.
It does not come with zero tradeoffs though, drivers these days are complete idiots, I could not imagine having to operate a stick, bubble-top car around them. Any upgrade that happens to consumer cars is immediately offset by them getting even lazier behind the wheel.

Brownwind

Sounds like my training and first few years. I remember that package car with the seats and window on the side. I had a clip board fly out the door too on a route Lol. State map, blind on routes, hair high and tight, polishable shoes. Different world.
We had pride and the public respected us. Hated not having a good piece of carbon paper. Wow how long have I worked here???

UnionStrong

We had pride and the public respected us. Hated not having a good piece of carbon paper. Wow how long have I worked here???
I tried to be the best representative of the company I could. I appreciated the job and what it afforded me. And I was proud of the Company.

Brownwind

I tried to be the best representative of the company I could. I appreciated the job and what it afforded me. And I was proud of the Company.
Absolutely. I still try to be the best and keep it “old school”. My package car is clean and I promote the brand I represent. Just at a slower pace as I start winding down.

PPH_over_9000

Tell us more grandpa

Well, one trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere, like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones..