Never got paid for vacation…

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
So week ending Oct. 1 I was on vacation. Was going through my finances and realized I was never paid. Long story short management said I was negative hours for vacation. It was a scheduled vacation picked back in April. It’s been 2 weeks since that vacay, building manager had to get it approved, which it was as of 3 days ago, was told I’d be paid today and, are you guys sitting down? Didn’t get paid. I’m super annoyed with no info on when/if I’ll be paid. Do I grieve and demand penalty pay? I mean, the bank doesn’t give a fahq that my employer chose to not pay me. Anyone?

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
So week ending Oct. 1 I was on vacation. Was going through my finances and realized I was never paid. Long story short management said I was negative hours for vacation. It was a scheduled vacation picked back in April. It’s been 2 weeks since that vacay, building manager had to get it approved, which it was as of 3 days ago, was told I’d be paid today and, are you guys sitting down? Didn’t get paid. I’m super annoyed with no info on when/if I’ll be paid. Do I grieve and demand penalty pay? I mean, the bank doesn’t give a fahq that my employer chose to not pay me. Anyone?
l‘d talk to stew and then file unless stew can give you a legitimate reason not to. We’ve been told by our e-board to file on any and all payroll issues. Payroll discrepancies continues to be an issue here.

542thruNthru

Well this is just my opinion... it seems that according to article 7 of your supp you have 45 days to file a grievance before its untimely. I'd file immediately under article 17 NMA and request penalty pay. I don't know if you'll get penalty because I'm not positive that the 45 day statement is 100% accurate but either way your BA should be able to at least resolve the grievance by getting your vacation paid.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So in your post (highlighted in red) you referred to negative hours. Did you have enough hours to be paid for vacation?
The rest of your post makes it sound like you were owed a vacation check.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So in your post (highlighted in red) you referred to negative hours. Did you have enough hours to be paid for vacation?

Without knowing what supplement he's covered by, it's hard to say what the problem is.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Why would I be negative hours? I never went out on disability. I picked my vacations as normal at the beginning of the year just like everybody else.