Never seen an employer like Costco respond to a union vote like this before. Thoughts?

You know me...
The best anti union strategy is and always has been to treat your employees with dignity, respect and pay them a fair and living wage.

What were the issues in Virginia that lead to the organizing campaign? Was there a rogue manager? Was there better pay/benefits at the competition? There has to be a reason because clearly, the employees there did not feel appreciated. Kudos to them for standing up to whatever the issues were.

P.S., isn't Virginia a right to work for less State? If so, that makes this organizing drive even more impressive.

Nah
I always hated working places where the pay was garbage but they were always going on about being “part of the team” or a “work family” 🤮

That’s why I like UPS. Everybody hates each other and openly expresses their contempt.
relatable-memes-work-memes-bosses-boss-we-are-not-a-company-we-are-family-me-classical-art-meme.png

as a reminder Jim Casey invited the Teamsters to organize UPS so the workers would always have first class pay and benefits

can you imagine a public company inviting in a union today?

he also saw the stock market as basically a scam run by (((financiers and globalists))); Casey was so far ahead of his time it's insane

rod

Retired 22 years
I always hated working places where the pay was garbage but they were always going on about being “part of the team” or a “work family” 🤮

That’s why I like UPS. Everybody hates each other and openly expresses their contempt.
There is a lot of truth to this. When my younger brother lost his press operator job he had had for 30 years at a non-union print shop because they had put in a new multi-million dollar press and told him that he wasn't capable of running it--he quit. They had offered him the job of loading paper for the new press at 7 bucks an hour less. (19 bucks an hour down to 12). While searching for a new job he said if they even mentioned being a "team" plyer he would walk out. He eventually found a print job at a small company and when on to work there for another 15 years or so and loved it.

HarryWarden

That sounds illegal... though I'm not positive.

I also think the guy was blowing smoke up your ass.
Imagine working for someone so willing to take away your livelihood like that. That would have only motivated me more to unionize, and should have shown everyone why it’s so necessary

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I delivered to a guy that told me about a small company he worked for (can‘t remember the name) he said union talk started so the owner got the employees together and told them… I hear there is talk about unionizing here, so I’m going to close this place down for the next 2 weeks so you can see how it is without a pay check and then when we get back together you can let me know if you want me to open up the business again or want to unionize. That was the last of that talk.
I'd've been a no-show at the end of that two weeks.

Faceplanted

as a reminder Jim Casey invited the Teamsters to organize UPS so the workers would always have first class pay and benefits

can you imagine a public company inviting in a union today?

he also saw the stock market as basically a scam run by (((financiers and globalists))); Casey was so far ahead of his time it's insane
Are (((they))) in this thread with us right now?