New 18 second rule for bulkhead door.

Big J

The 18 sec thing what a joke! Orion makes you dig through your truck to find the stop. One on 1000 shelf next on 8000 shelf next on 6000 shelf with a full truck jammed it takes 2-3 minutes to dig through the stuff to find the stop to save a 1/4 of a mile on the odometer.

Mr.Golden

Being on a mall or outlet rt you have to leave the bulkhead door and back door open. For the following reason...cool breeze, re-sort the truck, find any misloads and find any missing pkgs.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Whenever I get an OJS, I am always complimented on my methods and work pace. Its been at least 20 years since I have been questioned or harassed over my production. Is it possible that the 10 or 15 different management people who have ridden with and observed me during that time might know a little more than you?
Same. They claim I'm 2 hours paid over everyday at 9.5 grievance time but not a word has ever been said to me about it and on ridealongs oncar always is very complimentary.

FilingBluesFL

I was called in to the office for the third day in a row yesterday morning.

This telematics report is what they chose to bring up this time. He quoted a bunch of numbers off a piece of paper, blah blah blah.

I just stood there and stared at him, deadpan, didn't say anything.

When he got done running his mouth about their "numbers" that have really no meaning in the real world, he finally asks, "Are you just going to stand there or are you going to answer me?"

"Well, seeing as how neither I or the union recognize your numbers, you can keep saying whatever you like, I'm just going to stand here and ignore you until you bring up something that's based in reality, because those numbers do not represent the real world or what happens in it."

He started going off on how "UPS has done studies, and this is the standard." And my union steward stepped in and told him his numbers are a fantasy, and the union has never agreed to any of these numbers, nor do they recognize them, and then it became a huge hullabaloo lol

Another 20 minutes in the office for nothing but harassment.

OPTION3

This telematics report is what they chose to bring up this time. He quoted a bunch of numbers off a piece of paper, blah blah blah.

When he got done running his mouth about their "numbers" that have really no meaning in the real world, he finally asks, "Are you just going to stand there or are you going to answer me?"

"Well, seeing as how neither I or the union recognize your numbers, you can keep saying whatever you like, I'm just going to stand here and ignore you until you bring up something that's based in reality, because those numbers do not represent the real world or what happens in it."

He started going off on how "UPS has done studies, and this is the standard." And my union steward stepped in and told him his numbers are a fantasy, and the union has never agreed to any of these numbers, nor do they recognize them, and then it became a huge hullabaloo lol

At the end of the meeting, I always find it comical to let them know, I'm now "x" minutes behind and will need air stops covered.......usually good for another 10 minutes of "free" overtime ie. Arguing

box_beeyotch

That's a real steward.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The union has to put an end to this.

Getting talked to aBout wasting 3-5 seconds is blatant harassment and over supervision. Not to mention its mostly only happening to 9.5 drivers.

FilingBluesFL

Getting talked to aBout wasting 3-5 seconds is blatant harassment and over supervision. Not to mention its mostly only happening to 9.5 drivers.

I'm not even on the 9.5 list... go figure that one out...

Another letter of concern is coming, along with a visit to the HR office.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

For $50 an hour on overtime, they can harass me as much as they want. I have 14 hours available, and I am not going anywhere.

Brownslave688

For $50 an hour on overtime, they can harass me as much as they want. I have 14 hours available, and I am not going anywhere.
Just because you and I feel that way doesn't mean most do. The union is supposed to be here to protect us from exactly this type of behavior.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Just because you and I feel that way doesn't mean most do. The union is supposed to be here to protect us from exactly this type of behavior.

the Union DOES protect us. Have you ever seen anyone terminated from being 'Over Allowed'? Its just a game,and when one learns how to play it it soon becomes the Game of Kings

Brownslave688

Never seen anyone terminated for numbers, but have seen people terminated for their reaction to constantly being harassed for their numbers.
I've also seen a few drivers have to take time off for mental leave because they just can't take the harassment.

These are situations where the union could of stepped in and put an end to it much sooner.