New 18 second rule for bulkhead door.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is not true. I have had several substitute loaders who had no business loading package cars.
Probably because their "training" consisted of some 24 year old PT supervisor screaming at them to fling the boxes as fast as possible into the nearest truck so that he could get them off of the clock 40 seconds faster and look a little better on his report.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Probably because their "training" consisted of some 24 year old PT supervisor screaming at them to fling the boxes as fast as possible into the nearest truck so that he could get them off of the clock 40 seconds faster and look a little better on his report.

No, they just sucked at loading package cars.

Box Ox

And for 4 or 5 hours before that, 1,000+ pieces up to 150 pounds each were continuously pouring down on them. You can't stop to shift things around/make adjustments or make sure things are loaded perfectly sequentially when everything is coming down the belt edge to edge on your 3-5 routes. Crap in, crap out. Management having to make its stupid numbers gets shoved onto to the preloaders. And preloaders can't magically polish that turd.

As someone who drives and loads, I know it's hard for drivers to appreciate when they're getting up at 7am and only seeing the end results. Catch myself not appreciating it all the time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As someone who drives and loads, I know it's hard for drivers to appreciate when they're getting up at 7am and only seeing the end results. Catch myself not appreciating it all the time.

I know when a loader cares about what he/she is doing and when another couldn't care less.

I take care of the loader who takes care of me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I know when a loader cares about what he/she is doing and when another couldn't care less.

I take care of the loader who takes care of me.
I know when a preload supervisor cares about what he/she is doing (which is seldom) and when he/she couldn't care less (which is routine.)

The sad reality is that, if it were left entirely up to preload management, they would simply back the incoming trailers up to the nearest bridge and dump the packages into the river in order to make them go away faster and increase the PPH on their daily report. "Out Of The Building And Off Of The Clock" should be engraved in gold plate above the entrance to every UPS facility nationwide since those two job elements are pretty much all that matters to the preload side of the operation.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The dashboard is called shelf "D" and I am a chronic offender when it comes to using it for envelopes or little bitty Amazon packages.
There's a little hole in the dash to the right of the instruments on cars similar to yours where stuff can fall through and below.

Last edited: