New BC members comin' on fast!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Well UPS is always hiring, and this site is on a internet search engine, props there.

It seems that most people comming in to my HUB cant find a job any where or are just here for the beneifts.

I found this site over a internet search about UPS positions, I am sure all the new hires that have the internet at home will find this site eventually.

Growth for any forum is fantastic! Most die off after a few months to no one joining them, that I've been apart of or known. UPS work force, UNITE! :happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
OK, one week has gone by, and we have..........

177 new members!!!!!

That's huge. If that's the norm, it equates to over 9000 new members a year.

brown4life?

I have worked at ups for 5 months and I was searching for info on the possible strike and this forum came up. Now I am addicted!!!! On a serious note this is a great place to get answers!

brown4life?

Oh I know we didnt strike but when there was talk this is where I came to keep updated they weren't keeping us informed at the center I work in. We had a handshake agreement on the 29th or 30th Thank you for the welcome!

oakcreekteamie

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

'if you build it, they will come'

the boss had a vision. she followed that vision. a personal dream to create a comunity of people living a great deal of their lives in the chocolate pie we call ups. used for, by, and in the service to those that do, have, or want to work brown.

and like the driven perfectionist she is, she has created a 'child' that now has a personality all its own. one that needs protection at times. one that is nurtured or damaged by those that do or would post here.

and it rests on your work and age slumped shoulders (and that of the other mods and members) to protect said created child from internet 'molesters'.

she built it. it is very sucessful. so much so it would not surprise me if ups has created the job of BC AFFAIRS, and appointed someone(s) full time to take vital signs.

one thing too, there are a huge number of lurkers who have never posted. i would hope that our comunity never becomes exclusive. after 7+ years it has not yet, but the threat is there.

anyway, enough rant from the one handed oneder

d

DS

Fenderbender
d
I'd never thought of it that way before with your comment about the browncafe being a child that needs protection and nurturing.
Cheryl's baby has grown quite a bit since it was born,and its essential that all members speak up if they have any new ideas.This child is growing and getting bigger every day,and its up to everyone to keep it moving ahead with positive criticism,and reporting any indiscressions.
In another thread a certain newer member was berating me for trying to control the internet,and that they could say or do anything they want.
Well maybe I have no control in the chatroom,but when I'm on the boards,its like I have my own table in a huge neighborhood bar .
I know the owner,and since I'm in there a lot,I agreed to become a bouncer of sorts.This is more than the internet to me,its a place to grab a beer,relax,and talk about what we do all day.
If you dont drink,have a slice of chocolate pie.

LiL"Comet"

OK, one week has gone by, and we have..........

177 new members!!!!!

That's huge. If that's the norm, it equates to over 9000 new members a year.

"LiL Comet" here yes the day i logged on the first time i read your post that you were going to keep up with the numbers to see how many joined??? That's an encrediable #. I have been trying to get familar with the site, actually the first time i reply to anything, no affense but not sure if its going to be one i will feel welcome to... Because i'm a friend/t supervisor seams as though alot of things are managment hate. But maybe its just the ones i have happened to look at. :its_all_good:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lil Comet...just pipe in whenever you want to have input. If someone jumps on you, it's not personal. If it gets personal, the mods. will send the goons out to take care of the basher.
Welcome & enjoy this addiction.:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Quitting Cigs is easier than quitting Brown Cafe' I heard...:)

I feel like i have got to know so many people here and i have only been a member for less than a month! Great reading all of your guys comments!:happy-very:
Oh please don't mention cigs.......it's been 2 weeks and I am still jones'n. But you are right I would miss BC terribly.

LiL"Comet"

Oh please don't mention cigs.......it's been 2 weeks and I am still jones'n. But you are right I would miss BC terribly.

dilligaf good luck to you w/ kicking the habit! its hard I actually (hate to admit) just started back smoking again after nearly 4 years, yes sad i know. Going to try myself soon .... to quit GOOD LUCK:proud:

Panther 42

I joined a week ago and its nice to see things are no better any place else.It would be nice if mgmt. would take advice from the people who do the real work.

SoyFish

Hmmm I'd say forums in general are addicting. Anyways Whenever I Have Time
I'm Checking This Place Out, and thank it's users for my loading success. Only one direction to go and that is forward. Don't forget about Sunday night chats people ;)

dillweed

"LiL Comet" here yes the day i logged on the first time i read your post that you were going to keep up with the numbers to see how many joined??? That's an encrediable #. I have been trying to get familar with the site, actually the first time i reply to anything, no affense but not sure if its going to be one i will feel welcome to... Because i'm a friend/t supervisor seams as though alot of things are managment hate. But maybe its just the ones i have happened to look at. :its_all_good:

Welcome and feel free to add your opinions. We hourlies love to badger management but most of us understand the tough position you're all in.

It's like that old cartoon where the wolf and sheepdog punch in on the timeclock and work to the max, against each other. Once they punch back out they are best of buds. As was said, if anyone gets personal or vulgar, report the post. This site is kept clean but interesting.

Oh, and I don't feel we hate management, we just hate the impossible numbers they crave so much. :happy2: