New BC members comin' on fast!

CBUK

Brown Cafe.

Gaining a lot of interest in the U.K now.

I can say no more. You never know who might be reading!:wink2:

poozer2000

Ive been trying to spread the word at our centre, but at the moment there just taking the mickey out of me but you wait they will see the light and join :funny:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
congrats on puttin em down

its hard fer sher

d

dilligaf good luck to you w/ kicking the habit! its hard I actually (hate to admit) just started back smoking again after nearly 4 years, yes sad i know. Going to try myself soon .... to quit GOOD LUCK:proud:
Thanks.......... It's not the nicotine that is causing problems. After being in the hospital for 5 days the nicotine is pretty much gone. The bigger problem is the habit. Like sitting here and reading posts and having a cup of coffee. Or after a meal, or having a beer. I was back to work for 3 days last week and already wanted to smoke just because of work. I am definately trying though. It is time to quit.

LiL"Comet"

Hmmm I'd say forums in general are addicting. Anyways Whenever I Have Time
I'm Checking This Place Out, and thank it's users for my loading success. Only one direction to go and that is forward. Don't forget about Sunday night chats people ;)

Oh! So on Sunday nights people do chatting??

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yup every sunday. Start times vary but generally you can find someone in there around 4/5 AZ time. On occasion you can find some one in there almost all day long.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dil

its about triggers.

case in point. my mother-in-law. phone rings. she quits whatever she is doing collects 1. pack of cigs, 2. lighter 3. ashtray. then and only then would she head for the phone. thing about it is, she never even knew she was doing it at the time.

another one is meal time. gotta have one after each meal. or times of stress (for some, going to work, for others going home, and for others still, every waking minute)

the idea is to identify those triggers and either stay away from them, or know you will have to fight hard to make it through those times.

parting shot.......remember, the surgeon that sewed my hand back asked me if i had ever smoked. had i said yes, or had i smoked, i would not have my full hand.

so lead on girl. its hard, but you bet you can!!!

d

browniehound

Over9.5 described the site as "addiciting". I have to agree because there is not one day that goes by that I don't check in at least once.

The information is "priceless". Tooner stated that she learned more about her job here than anywhere else. I have to agree!

If I can't get a straight answer from the center team I can usually find someone with a similar experience here that is willing to "talk" lol!

It looks like "the" Browncafe is growing at a phenomenal pace. I am now looking forward to better subjects just for the fact there are more UPSers "chiming" in with their opinion.

I have to congratulate Over9.5 on his "homework"! Knowing that 100+ Upsers are added daily means more new "blood" and creates a more diverse audience than Cheryl probably could have hoped for when she started this site!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
DB, you are right it is all about triggers. Unfortunately my business agent was a big trigger today. I slipped. I had a smoke. But I will keep plodding on. Thanks for the support. D

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Its tough, and dont give up if you fall off the wagon. Every one you dont smoke, gets you closer. I have found that just holding the damn thing helps, my husband uses that too. Its a habit that you have done 200 times a day X yrs if you were a pack a day smoker. The habit is as hard as the addiction.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Check out the newest member, callgirl has now joined bc. We have now gone big time, its like our own little craigslist community!

705red

Browncafe Steward
We get new quality upsers here at a better rate than ups can get them in the door at $8.50 an hour and this is for free!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just found this thread and I agree with all of your ideas. Cheryl, whoever you are, you've done a heck of a job building this community that's as together as it is diverse. Thanks!!! And man is this addicting.:happy-very: