New contract

jc2426$

Under the new contract if I went to qualify to driver and was disqualified on 29 but asked to run seasonal n stay on the route for 3 months then went to try to qualify again n made 3 months later after working in the unload would ups have to put my seniority date from my seasonal time or when I qualified. Whn I ask I’m getting two different answers. Someone help pls.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Under the new contract if I went to qualify to driver and was disqualified on 29 but asked to run seasonal n stay on the route for 3 months then went to try to qualify again n made 3 months later after working in the unload would ups have to put my seniority date from my seasonal time or when I qualified. Whn I ask I’m getting two different answers. Someone help pls.
I know at my center you are either qualifying or doing seasonal. We just had a DQ'd driver who the sup begged to do seasonal this year and then try to qualify because they knew he was not ready. This was his second attempt and now he has to wait three years. He had to wait for a year after his first DQ. If you get DQ'd you will not be driving seasonal, at least not in my center. You will have to wait an entire year.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
1602734144745.gif

What seasonal actual means

ManInBrown

Seasonal time means nothing it’s like it never happened
Not true. It depends how long one was laid off before being called back to be hired permanent. I know many package drivers that were seasonal that were laid off for only a week or two and brought back. Dont have to do 30 days again, and seniority date reverts to first day driving as a seasonal. Theres a time limit you have to be called back by. I think it’s 30 days In the 177. If laid off longer everything starts all over. 30 again and new seniority date.

Whither

Scofflaw
Not true. It depends how long one was laid off before being called back to be hired permanent. I know many package drivers that were seasonal that were laid off for only a week or two and brought back. Dont have to do 30 days again, and seniority date reverts to first day driving as a seasonal. Theres a time limit you have to be called back by. I think it’s 30 days In the 177. If laid off longer everything starts all over. 30 again and new seniority date.
I know a few who were in the same boat. UPS initially told them were qualifying (but during the 'free period'), then, nope, you're seasonal, followed by a short layoff, then they got in their 30 and their seniority dates are their first day driving as seasonals.