New Diad

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oh sweet lord....
You made the list.
you sure have small hands
hmQe4ZOTZuvz.gif

MostHelpNeeded

I'll hold out on judgement until I actually use one. From the looks of it, size is similar so it's not that bad.

Button use all comes down to software. There's plenty of buttons to use to program for everything we need to do without using the touch screen. It's all in the software, hopefully that was taken into account.

JL 0513

What do you guys think?
View attachment 240125

Is this an actual DIAD VI rolled out in your center? I've seen concepts posted before that were never official.

Like everything at UPS, roll outs company wide take forever. If the first centers just got this, it'll take 2 years until the last centers do.

I imagine this will work with the docks being installed in trucks for turn by turn nav? Because it was just announced in my center that they are being installed for the 6 year old DIAD 5. They wouldn't install them if the next DIAD wasn't compatible. New one looks thinner though.

Also, are those the "big arrow up/down" buttons on the left? Why would they put them on the left?? The buttons on the right of the scan button aren't representative of any current function.

Ding Dong Ditch Bitch

For what they’re spending and have spent on this proprietary crap they could have spent less on a proprietary app for iPads got a bulk rate cost on iPad minis that probably cost a lot less to make and are easily replaced. Also could give turn by turn navigation and use WiFi for calling instead of killing my own phone all day!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
For what they’re spending and have spent on this proprietary crap they could have spent less on a proprietary app for iPads got a bulk rate cost on iPad minis that probably cost a lot less to make and are easily replaced. Also could give turn by turn navigation and use WiFi for calling instead of killing my own phone all day!

Simple really

Stop using your phone all day

JL 0513

With this turn by turn, talk about making qualification so much easier. Guys used to have to qualify with a paper map and somehow come close to scratch.

Not to mention automatic transmissions, power steering, and keyless start/doors.

Johney

With this turn by turn, talk about making qualification so much easier. Guys used to have to qualify with a paper map and somehow come close to scratch.

Not to mention automatic transmissions, power steering, and keyless start/doors.
Yea but with all that crap they want you to run what 30 stops per hour?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

And how is turn-by-turn supposed to be faster? Not to mention the average car is a P8 that is difficult to sqeeze anywhere in the city.

Poop Head

Judge me.

It's all so they can replace us with chumps working for 18/hr with no benefits. 1,2, or three contracts down the road

Ding Dong Ditch Bitch

I would take a paper map any day over Orion and probably be more productive