New Diad

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's all so they can replace us with chumps working for 18/hr with no benefits. 1,2, or three contracts down the road
Even with all of the dumbing down of our jobs they would still have a hard time getting people to do the work of a preloader or package car driver.... you think these Millennials want to do this type of work???? And besides feeder, most 40+ year olds wouldn’t be able to physically do the job for any extended amounts of time ....

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Even with all of the dumbing down of our jobs they would still have a hard time getting people to do the work of a preloader or package car driver.... you think these Millennials want to do this type of work???? And besides feeder, most 40+ year olds wouldn’t be able to physically do the job for any extended amounts of time ....
I see so many new hires come and go daily. They dont want to do the work. They dont see the long term benefits, etc.

I dont see any updated trucks in my center btw. Wondering how long til we get these new diads.

JL 0513

Now that they are installing DIAD V holders/chargers for turn by turn, there won't be a DIAD VI for years.

We are being required to holster the damn thing to initiate NAV every stop. Another pointless metric to chase since there's only 35,439,110 other metrics we chase. AND,Orion is being pushed harder than ever in its 7 year history we're being told. 90% going forward.

For those that don't have the navigation yet, this changes the dynamic of the job more than anything before it. It now makes you feel like a robot behind the wheel not wanting to think about anything. Especially since it's being forced 100%. A totally mind-numbing experience.

Now that they are installing DIAD V holders/chargers for turn by turn, there won't be a DIAD VI for years.

We are being required to holster the damn thing to initiate NAV every stop. Another pointless metric to chase since there's only 35,439,110 other metrics we chase. AND,Orion is being pushed harder than ever in its 7 year history we're being told. 90% going forward.

For those that don't have the navigation yet, this changes the dynamic of the job more than anything before it. It now makes you feel like a robot behind the wheel not wanting to think about anything. Especially since it's being forced 100%. A totally mind-numbing experience.
Throwing safety out the window?

JL 0513

Throwing safety out the window?

It's incredibly distracting. There's no voice guidance and the nav is much less clear than Google Maps.

It's also a pain to always put it in and take it out as it locks. You have to press the back plate to release the DIAD. Another repetitive motion to wear our bodies out more.

Box Ox

The Company will definitely bring that up during the next Contract negotiation.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's incredibly distracting. There's no voice guidance and the nav is much less clear than Google Maps.

It's also a pain to always put it in and take it out as it locks. You have to press the back plate to release the DIAD. Another repetitive motion to wear our bodies out more.
What state will have the first driver who kills someone because they were looking at the diad and not the road..... it’s going to happen....

Box Ox

Still have to do the physical work.... and the customer interactions.... I really doubt Teamsters President O’Brien will allow the pay to be dropped...

Hourly rate would grandfather. But the Company might lean in on things like slowing raises, increasing 22.4 percentages or watering down benefits by arguing it's essential to remain competitive when UPS drivers even have turn by turn nav. Company probably wants nav to run every stop where it's already installed for good reason. But I do hope O'Brien gives 'em hell nonetheless.

Staydryitsraining

Doing PC isnt hard, hasnt been for a while. Why do you insist on thinking they cant find people to do it? Preloaders ok, but pc no. Your center isnt the pulse of the country. If ups broadcasted the pay and benefits of being pc maybe then you'd see. The only people complaining about how hard driving is are the same guys complaining about one misload and wanting 50 an hour.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

What I find funny is technology keeps moving faster and faster but we keep going longer and longer between diads

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Doing PC isnt hard, hasnt been for a while. Why do you insist on thinking they cant find people to do it? Preloaders ok, but pc no. Your center isnt the pulse of the country. If ups broadcasted the pay and benefits of being pc maybe then you'd see. The only people complaining about how hard driving is are the same guys complaining about one misload and wanting 50 an hour.
Depends on where you are. By no means am I in a big city. We tried to hire 10 drivers a few years ago. 2 pt signed the bid. They both quit week 1. Only 4 more people off the street even applied.

One driver couldn’t go from 800 main to 906 main without using gps. Didn’t make it.

One was older and came from another teamsters driveling job. Year in said friend this it isn’t worth the extra pay.

One got caught stealing after 3 months.

One is still there.