New driver getting sent home

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
In my area you are also supposed to stay on one route for your thirty days. If they work you on another route, or if you get 31 driving days, you are qualified.

IESucks

I passed Intergrad over a month ago. I called HR when I passed my test to ask when I would start and they said you would get a call later that day. I got a call the next Tuesday saying I would start in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later I’m driving for my first day I get a call saying “we can start you till next monday”. I started that Monday worked all 5 days. 3 with supervisor 2 by myself, this Monday I drive up there am told there is no route for me, I worked Tuesday finished in a good time then today websday I get a call saying I’m “laid off and will be back Next week on Tuesday” my supervisor told me it wasn’t cause of anything I did wrong. They also told me I am not able to work as a per loader on days I don’t get work. Is this a normal thing till I pass my 30 days cause I gave up my old job thinking I’d get guaranteed hours here.
Welcome to ups, it doesn't get any better....ever

542thruNthru

PT trying to qualify are not probationary employees. They are on a trial period.
View attachment 241690

HOLE EEEE SHEEEET, I suck at reading contracts. Thanks for correcting me because I always read it was 30 in 120 for anyone trying to qualify.

So PT to FT just have to get 30 days in an unlimited amount of time basically?

Actually I believe I may be wrong.

I'd hate to give bad information and have read the article a few more times.

I believe you are correct. The portion saying "other than those employees attempting to transfer from part-time to fulltime positions" is saying they can not be considered probationary employees.

Still every PT-FT trying to qualify has always had a continuous 30 day trial period here.

My apologies. :)

I passed Intergrad over a month ago. I called HR when I passed my test to ask when I would start and they said you would get a call later that day. I got a call the next Tuesday saying I would start in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later I’m driving for my first day I get a call saying “we can start you till next monday”. I started that Monday worked all 5 days. 3 with supervisor 2 by myself, this Monday I drive up there am told there is no route for me, I worked Tuesday finished in a good time then today websday I get a call saying I’m “laid off and will be back Next week on Tuesday” my supervisor told me it wasn’t cause of anything I did wrong. They also told me I am not able to work as a per loader on days I don’t get work. Is this a normal thing till I pass my 30 days cause I gave up my old job thinking I’d get guaranteed hours here.
You have to work 30 days in 90 calendar days to qualify. After you qualify you are able to bump into preload or local sort or both to get your 8 hrs as long as you have the seniority. When that happens and you work preload and then go drive after the am shift all hrs worked as preload change to your full time rate. Watch your time card. Keep track of am work and make sure that the pay is correct!!!! If pay is wrong and you bring it to there attention they have two day to make a payroll adjustment. If they don’t fix in two days start the grievance. Don’t be intimidated by management! Know your rights and the handbook!!!!!!!

You have to work 30 days in 90 calendar days to qualify. After you qualify you are able to bump into preload or local sort or both to get your 8 hrs as long as you have the seniority. When that happens and you work preload and then go drive after the am shift all hrs worked as preload change to your full time rate. Watch your time card. Keep track of am work and make sure that the pay is correct!!!! If pay is wrong and you bring it to there attention they have two day to make a payroll adjustment. If they don’t fix in two days start the grievance. Don’t be intimidated by management! Know your rights and the handbook!!!!!!!
120 days. Oops. Been through a couple too many whiskey drinks. My bad

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
By accident let said luck is not in your side, that means wrong place wrong time !!! Just hanging there, things will get better!!!

thetee398

If I show up ever day ready to work and they don’t with me enough? What do I do am i just :censored2:ed?

thetee398

Waiting to make you a 22.4 probably, will hold you out until the last supplements are passed and then you will work 12hrs a day Tuesday through Saturday.
What’s a 22.4 and that’s fine as long as u get hours. I don’t mind that I’d prefer to work Saturday’s so I can have Monday’s off

ManInBrown

Go in and ask them to point you in the direction of the broom closet. Grab broom, and start sweeping

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
What’s a 22.4 and that’s fine as long as u get hours. I don’t mind that I’d prefer to work Saturday’s so I can have Monday’s off
A 22 4 is a driver that does the same thing except gets paid 6 dollars and hr less and works the weekends, this includes SUNDAY.