New Driver, Made An Account To Ask This Question

Sab78

I've qualified and been a swing driver for the past month or so. I didn't know who or where to ask this, but I found this forum so here goes:

I need to drink more water. But when I do, I've gotta pee. It's not always possible to pee in a business when you're doing resi's all afternoon.

So where do you "go"? I've been peeing in empty bottles but it takes time to grab the bottle, open the bulk door, unscrew the cap, undo my pants, aim, and go. I steal empty bottles from other truck's trash bins before I leave in the mornings. I always throw them away.

With the summer coming up, I know I need a plan. So what do people do here? I feel like an idiot for asking this but it's a real issue.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've qualified and been a swing driver for the past month or so. I didn't know who or where to ask this, but I found this forum so here goes:

I need to drink more water. But when I do, I've gotta pee. It's not always possible to pee in a business when you're doing resi's all afternoon.

So where do you "go"? I've been peeing in empty bottles but it takes time to grab the bottle, open the bulk door, unscrew the cap, undo my pants, aim, and go. I steal empty bottles from other truck's trash bins before I leave in the mornings. I always throw them away.

With the summer coming up, I know I need a plan. So what do people do here? I feel like an idiot for asking this but it's a real issue.
Drive to a public restroom

Up In Smoke

Do everyone a favor and drive to a gas station to relieve yourself. Laws prevent your employer from disciplining you for bathroom stops. The idea of driving around with a bottle of waste and you handling everything in that work space is disgusting. I would hope your personal hygiene is better than this!!!

Sab78

Do everyone a favor and drive to a gas station to relieve yourself. Laws prevent your employer from disciplining you for bathroom stops. The idea of driving around with a bottle of waste and you handling everything in that work space is disgusting. I would hope your personal hygiene is better than this!!!

Obviously I don't want to keep doing this, so I was looking for some advice

Sab78

Absolutely, every time. Your health and safety come first, followed by your responsibility to protect the public and finally your employer.

Like I said, I feel stupid for asking it. But if that's what drivers do, then I'll do the same. Appreciate the response

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There are. But like in the summer when you've gotta drink lots of water, do you break off like once every 30 minutes to use the restroom?
Maybe get your prostate checked if you’re going every 30 min but yeah.

You qualified their times mean nothing now.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Big gulp cup. No aiming problems.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I would encourage driving to a restroom. Leaving pee bottles in the car is a big party foul. I know someone who tosses the contents of a jug out the side but that's risky in todays survailance society.

Brisket

So break off and drive 10 minutes in the hopes there's a business with an open restroom?

BB001FA6-73B9-4D08-81A7-A5271857D691.gif

Taking a number one isn't the problem, keep an empty bottle in case if an emergency.

But when you have number 2 issues, there really a much bigger problem.

dogs.bite.me

There are. But like in the summer when you've gotta drink lots of water, do you break off like once every 30 minutes to use the restroom?
You sweat out a lot of what you drink. I need to urinate far more frequently in the winter when I drink less than in the summer when I’m drinking gallons.

OKLABob

If I’m in the country I’ll pee on the side of the road I don’t even get out of the truck I’ll stand on the bottom step. If I am in a city situation I normally just use a restroom at a business but if it is absolutely urgent then I’ll resort to a empty bottle. I always dispose of them immediately and I carry hand sanitizer.