New driver

P

pickup

This is what I'm looking for , thank you

If you use the search function and type in "casual" , you will find a bunch of threads that deal with some of your questions. You may have to wade through a pile of muck to get your answers.

Also keep in mind you will not have any benefits for the rest of the year and even if you do get hired permanently, benefits don't kick in until , I believe 6 months after that date.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaker

trolling
Do you work at ups now , if not then you are a off the street hire and if that is the case be very careful about how you approach your future here

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
UPS is a gamble that can pay off big if you are a hard worker and depending on the opportunities at your UPS hub. Some hubs are growing fast and you can move up fast. Others are not.

I think it's a gamble worth going for. The benefits are worth more here than most places. It sounds like your current job is sorta a dead end.

If things don't work out at UPS you can probably get a job similar of what you have now.

UPS is one of the best jobs ( pay and benefit wise ) than just about anything out there for blue collar workers. It's stressful for most.

My last 5 years I made over 100k a year and the bennies were another 30-40k. At our hub we had part timers with only a couple years going into feeder ( truck driving ) and making over 80k a year.

To me it would be a no brainer.

good luck. " it seemed like the harder I worked , the luckier I got."

Brisket

Surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but if that's you in your avatar, change it. Nothing like putting a target on before you even start.

Kevin W

Kevin W
UPS is a gamble that can pay off big if you are a hard worker and depending on the opportunities at your UPS hub. Some hubs are growing fast and you can move up fast. Others are not.

I think it's a gamble worth going for. The benefits are worth more here than most places. It sounds like your current job is sorta a dead end.

If things don't work out at UPS you can probably get a job similar of what you have now.

UPS is one of the best jobs ( pay and benefit wise ) than just about anything out there for blue collar workers. It's stressful for most.

My last 5 years I made over 100k a year and the bennies were another 30-40k. At our hub we had part timers with only a couple years going into feeder ( truck driving ) and making over 80k a year.

To me it would be a no brainer.

good luck. " it seemed like the harder I worked , the luckier I got."
Thanks really appreciate it

hey just got a few simple questions. I'm 25yo and I will be starting my training September 5th, I'm leaving my current job because I see a better future in ups. At my current job I'm making 1200$ a week salary with no guarantee of a raise, the benefits sucks I pay 45$ each check and the pension plan is garbage. At ups I'm starting at 17.75$hly and wil be paying 34$hly in 4yrs but there's no guarantee but HR said I can keep trying if I don't make it the first time. Is this a wise choice ?
Which hub are you at?

rocket man

hey just got a few simple questions. I'm 25yo and I will be starting my training September 5th, I'm leaving my current job because I see a better future in ups. At my current job I'm making 1200$ a week salary with no guarantee of a raise, the benefits sucks I pay 45$ each check and the pension plan is garbage. At ups I'm starting at 17.75$hly and wil be paying 34$hly in 4yrs but there's no guarantee but HR said I can keep trying if I don't make it the first time. Is this a wise choice ?
Troll