New Employee seeks guidance!

AnthonyW848

@AnthonyW848 : I took a quick look at your pension funds website (link:Welcome | The Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust) to try and find a quick way to estimate what you might expect, can't find what I need. All I can do is estimate what you could expect to receive in my Local/pension fund and say yours should be higher. (starting in 2022 and going forward)
  • 11 full years of service/benefits accrual * $112.40 = $1,236.40/mo. or $14,836.80/yr.
  • 12 full years of service/benefits accrual * $112.40 = $1,348.80/mo. or $16,185.60/yr.
Should you make it to full time, it is really important you understand what you need to do to make sure you are receiving full contributions on your behalf to the pension fund. FWIW, it's my understanding that (in your part of the country) if you work enough hours (despite your employer classifying you as part time), you can actually earn full time future pension benefit credits.
Thank you soooooooo much!

Steamer

hello gents and ladies i've just reached the end of my 70 day probation at a Seattle area hub and was wondering what steps i can take in becoming a a package car driver, every time i ask at the hub there's really no straight forward answer or if i can do anything in preparation to become a package car driver, is there practice opportunities to drive / park the package car vehicle or do they just put you out to the wolves? are there any drivers that mentor people that wish to drive for UPS, any input would be greatly appreciated!
Learn your 5s and 10s. Recite that forwards and backwards. You will impress management. Most lazy drivers can't even recite it back. Turn it into a rap song and they will make you their #1 driver. :upssmiley: Put the 6 rules to backing with it. And you will make them cry happy tears of joy.

AnthonyW848

Learn your 5s and 10s. Recite that forwards and backwards. You will impress management. Most lazy drivers can't even recite it back. Turn it into a rap song and they will make you their #1 driver. :upssmiley: Put the 6 rules to backing with it. And you will make them cry happy tears of joy.
you're very funny!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
you're very funny!
D143878A-C636-4357-9EE3-7F941FF44C11.gif