New England pension fund = CRITICAL

It wasn't legal. That's what you are missed my friend. The omnibus budget made it legal to cut it. The trustees didn't have the power to cut the plan. That's why the omnibus spending bill had to do it. Legislation was needed to make those cuts legal. Now it is. Members just aren't informed especially ups ones making 90g a year. The identify and I'm not saying you but most identiify with being a tea party republican. It's sad but look and read what I'm saying. It's how it really is.
The Democrats could care less about us. Not enough of us to help when an election.

Everyone's 401k was in the crapper.
And now they are coming back. Pensions are starting to come back but to much ground was lost. Give central states 6.4 billion in 08 and then a depression happens and that's what you get. It's sad but nobody foresaw that. Ups wouldn't have given 6.4 billy if it thought it would be lost right away. No one could foresee the future. I'm sorry about this but it's true. Europe crashed right after this. Then everyone else. It was bad.

And now they are coming back. Pensions are starting to come back but to much ground was lost. Give central states 6.4 billion in 08 and then a depression happens and that's what you get. It's sad but nobody foresaw that. Ups wouldn't have given 6.4 billy if it thought it would be lost right away. No one could foresee the future. I'm sorry about this but it's true. Europe crashed right after this. Then everyone else. It was bad.
These underfunded plans are in huge trouble. Too much going out,not enough going in. And a large chunk is invested in safe,low return funds.

It's really , really bad!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about Obama. He hasn't done what we needed.
Well, admitting that you were wrong on Obama is the first step.

The second is admitting that Democrats are job killing machines.

They over burden businesses with all kinds of rules and regulations and environmental crap.

They tax them into the ground.

Just look at my state, California.

Total Democratic control for the last 4 years and businesses are lining up to leave to Republican run states that are far more business friendly.

And they take the jobs with them.

The bottom Line

Wrong again. Thats twice in two postings.WTF UPS had insight companies were going broke. Ups didn't want t be left holding the bag, responsible for all the money due in a multi employer pension.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Well, admitting that you were wrong on Obama is the first step.

The second is admitting that Democrats are job killing machines.

They over burden businesses with all kinds of rules and regulations and environmental crap.

They tax them into the ground.

Just look at my state, California.

Total Democratic control for the last 4 years and businesses are lining up to leave to Republican run states that are far more business friendly.

And they take the jobs with them.
Not a very pro Union post.