New Federal Rules for Garage Sales

tourists24

Makes you wonder...... how many toys sold 40 years or more would now be considered "too dangerous" for our children to dare touch now?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No sir.... you think the federal government is the only solution to all our ills?
No. But i'm also not delusional enough to think companies are going to willingly pull dangerous defective products and lose millions of dollars. There needs to be a governing body to protect consumers, at the least, inform them of the dangers.

tourists24

No. But i'm also not delusional enough to think companies are going to willingly pull dangerous defective products and lose millions of dollars. There needs to be a governing body to protect consumers, at the least, inform them of the dangers.
is that the only two options? Federal government or self governance by companies?

tourists24

I love it. You think banning dangerous products is unconstitutional. Do you also think heroin should be legal? I'm really loving your reasoning here I think we should follow through with this.
No problem.... you are inferring a lot of things. The way it sounds is that you really do think that is the only two options. Where did I say banning products is unconstitutional? I said I dont feel that the federal government has the constitutional authority to do it on a national level. Especially in the sense that WK has presented with his original post

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Where did I say banning products is unconstitutional? I said I dont feel that the federal government has the constitutional authority to do it on a national level.
That's my point. Do you think the federal government has the constitutional authority to ban drugs on a national level?

tourists24

It's a simple question you're avoiding.
You said the federal government doesn't have constitutional authority to ban products, does that or does it not apply to drugs and why?
because they were not given that power. You dont think the states are smart enough to come up with their own rules?