Sales Lead

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I thought you were 45-50 but young at heart.
A7D57DFD-4036-46B0-B585-FA38A29B3C64.jpeg

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
So about 6 months ago I had come across a sales lead while delivering, I obtained all the information from the business owner and turned it in to my supervisor, my supervisor than said she would turn it in for me and give my employee ID number to the sales lead rep so I would get credit for it, I've been picking up this new account for 5 months now and haven't gotten any credit for the sales lead when I look it up on the upsers sales lead page, I contacted my supervisor to see what was going on with it and she said that the sales lead failed and it isn't producing any volume, but when I'm on my route I pick up no less than 8 boxes a day that weigh well over 50lbs. Can someone guide me in the right direction I think I am being lied to.
You were lied to. Consider it a learning experience and move on. I had the same thing happen 20 years ago. Let the sales dept handle sales. They don't help you deliver so don't help do their job.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I love those coconut and caramel bastards
I used to deliver to the Girls scout main facility in Massachusetts, I'd pick up 3 to 4 hundred cases a few days a week ,, for 15 yrs I was given cases of cookies ,, Nicest people I'd give away some to my better pick ups. Love those cookies ,,

Siveriano

When i was doing my training I submitted a sales lead for an international shipper for Korea, I legit had to submit the same sales lead like 4 times, once the guy got a call from a random guy offering him shipping with UPS in exchange for a % of his payout by UPS, I kept submitting his lead because he wanted to be directly with UPS, when UPS finally came to an agreement with him and i went to see my "credit" for it, it turns out the sales lead guy who made the interview submitted it as his own.

Steamer

When i was doing my training I submitted a sales lead for an international shipper for Korea, I legit had to submit the same sales lead like 4 times, once the guy got a call from a random guy offering him shipping with UPS in exchange for a % of his payout by UPS, I kept submitting his lead because he wanted to be directly with UPS, when UPS finally came to an agreement with him and i went to see my "credit" for it, it turns out the sales lead guy who made the interview submitted it as his own.
I learned this as well the hard way. I submitted 4 sales leads as a seasonal and RPCD. 3 of them I know went with us for their daily scheduled pick up routine. Never a single thank you or credit for it. Stolen by the sales rep. So I quit submitting them all together. I'm really good at sales which sucks that UPS doesn't recognize a good thing when they have it. It was my previous job description for another company for many years.

oldngray

nowhere special
I learned this as well the hard way. I submitted 4 sales leads as a seasonal and RPCD. 3 of them I know went with us for their daily scheduled pick up routine. Never a single thank you or credit for it. Stolen by the sales rep. So I quit submitting them all together. I'm really good at sales which sucks that UPS doesn't recognize a good thing when they have it. It was my previous job description for another company for many years.
Sales reps work on commission. What did you expect to happen?

quad decade guy

While delivering an NDA in the morning, the customer mentioned /wishing there was some way to get something shipped same day delivery...

I said we can do it...Sonic Air. The "pkg" was a 150lb crate! Actually a little heavier. Gave him the 800 number, called my manager and it happened. Now this was a few years ago.

I did get a gift card to Chili's. Fair enough.

I can remember sales "people" stopping me on area and even riding along years ago. Just to see volume and such. This happened rarely though. Most were always shocked at how much business was out in a rural area. Loud, dirty businesses away from regulations and codes.

I used to get things such as a gas grill(nice)(the box looked like it had been dragged all the way from the fulfillment center...China maybe), saws, even a bread maker. I think a bicycle once. But that is in the distant past.

I was on my route for 14 years. I knew it and my customers very well. I also cared. I knew where my next kids meal and mortgage payment came from.

Sigh.