New Full Time Driver - No hours

AndrewK

Long story short, I've been working local sort for about a year now as a second job. About 2 months ago I passed driving school, week later I was asked to come in for the first day of training but then got sent home. Later that day I got a call saying to meet an air driver at a local mall to deliver in. I never used a diad before, other then the 30min-ish training in class. Couple hours into the 10 hour shift he says hes finished and pretty much leaves me alone with a fully loaded truck with little knowledge about the ins and outs of the diad. He told me to just use my phone camera to take pics of the bar codes then later scan the pics with the diad alongside the local sort supervisor. I finished delivering the truck hours later working for a total of 10 hours that day (another pt driver came to help me during the last couple hours of my shift). Since then that was the only day I have worked as a quote on quote 'delivery driver' if you can even call it that .

Does this stuff usually happen? I honestly dont care I'll work at the end of the day money is money, but alot of feeder drivers are telling me to report what they did to the union steward. Also would that shift be considered towards my 30 day probation period?

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Long story short, I've been working local sort for about a year now as a second job. About 2 months ago I passed driving school, week later I was asked to come in for the first day of training but then got sent home. Later that day I got a call saying to meet an air driver at a local mall to deliver in. I never used a diad before, other then the 30min-ish training in class. Couple hours into the 10 hour shift he says hes finished and pretty much leaves me alone with a fully loaded truck with little knowledge about the ins and outs of the diad. He told me to just use my phone camera to take pics of the bar codes then later scan the pics with the diad alongside the local sort supervisor. I finished delivering the truck hours later working for a total of 10 hours that day (another pt driver came to help me during the last couple hours of my shift). Since then that was the only day I have worked as a quote on quote 'delivery driver' if you can even call it that .

Does this stuff usually happen? I honestly dont care I'll work at the end of the day money is money, but alot of feeder drivers are telling me to report what they did to the union steward. Also would that shift be considered towards my 30 day probation period?

I’d hate to see the long version

AndrewK

Sounds like a compliment to me.
How many of his loser buddies on here did I get triggered after that comment. Give it 24 hours and there all going to come online and make sarcastic jokes about this post now fishing for virtual likes

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
C6FF8167-294E-4E2A-A39E-E325BD26FDFB.jpeg

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
How many of his loser buddies on here did I get triggered after that comment. Give it 24 hours and there all going to come online and make sarcastic jokes about this post now fishing for virtual likes
This is how you know it’s a troll post. Thanks for playing bud k bye.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

This says you worked here about a year. And passed a driving test.

This is why i had second thoughts of creating an account on here to be honest..i was expecting a bunch of overweight depressed uneducated truck drivers who think there apart of society but in reality all they do is put brown boxes on cement for a living to start going off on the forums, chow fellas.

If you can’t beat em, then join em?

In the meantime, you keep being you, a full time driver by day and a professional google picture searcher of old buildings in his basement just to get virtual likes by night

This says your a doosh canoe.

So i failed my first road test, the on road sup said its just a confidence thing and you can try again in a couple months or whenever the next bid comes up. It was because i forgot to use the horn reversing into the garage and took too long to reverse park. Also was going under the speed limit.

Should i continue to work at the hub for peanuts for the time being and see if i can fix my errors or should i call it quits because its my first time driving a truck of that size. Also renting a uhaul to me doesnt do any justice in my opinion.

Thanks

This says you failed your road test.

Now listen carefully son.

GFYaself.