New Gas System

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Trucks should be fueled everyday. What does it matter if you put 5 gallons in one day or 15 gallons in after 3 days. The cost is still the same. Topped off every night.

Do you fill up your personal vehicle everyday? The cost is the same when topped off every night...

Pre-trip...will take care of it.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I'm not sure the exact details of the system, but all I know is that our gas tanks aren't being filled up daily anymore. I believe they are judging by miles per route. We have had about 3-4 drivers since this new system started that have ran out of gas and had to put their own $$ into the tank. I for one will never put my own $$ into a ups truck tank, and when I said this to an on road sup, his response was "you will if I tell you to".

If there is one thing ups should leave alone and not mess around with... is the gas tanks. Just went out yesterday with a half of a tank. Route only gets about 60 miles, but what if there are misloads? Or a driver needs help?

Is this happening anywhere else? Is there anything we can do?
Use to have gas cards in the package cars that had the highest mileage and had to get gas on area haven't seen any of those cards in a long time.

jaker

trolling
Use to have gas cards in the package cars that had the highest mileage and had to get gas on area haven't seen any of those cards in a long time.
We still have them here , buy really only for the unleaded ones . The diesels get fueled at the hub

KOG72

I’m full of it
We still have them here , buy really only for the unleaded ones . The diesels get fueled at the hub
They all get gassed up at our building also.They had them stuck in the pouch behind the passenger seat,but I believe our center manager keeps what we have now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Same here. They switched our pumps from unleaded to diesel awhile back when the fleet was mostly diesel. Now it's 90% unleaded. Almost everyone fuels up on road.

JL 0513

I'm not sure the exact details of the system, but all I know is that our gas tanks aren't being filled up daily anymore. I believe they are judging by miles per route. We have had about 3-4 drivers since this new system started that have ran out of gas and had to put their own $$ into the tank. I for one will never put my own $$ into a ups truck tank, and when I said this to an on road sup, his response was "you will if I tell you to".

If there is one thing ups should leave alone and not mess around with... is the gas tanks. Just went out yesterday with a half of a tank. Route only gets about 60 miles, but what if there are misloads? Or a driver needs help?

Is this happening anywhere else? Is there anything we can do?

Wait, so drivers don't refuel in your center? Someone has to refuel them all??

clean hairy

On the nwewer vehicles, would running out of gas cause any damage?
They have in tank fuel pumps like the newer cars?
On the cars at least, the gas is what lubricates the fuel pump.

MC0493

Interesting, we have pretty much zero fueling at the center. Used to have a tanker come once or twice a week for diesel but i think that stopped. We all have fuel cards and fill up where-ever as needed.