New hire "bonus" after a full year

SweatPit

i won't bite
I am complaining more so for the others not myself. :) I am in progression so I don't get that big money yet.

I feel really bad for the part timers that have up to 10 years or so and getting paid less then someone with a year of seniority due to the bonus.

Are your hubs doing the $200 a week bonus too for any inside employee who were hired after May of 2017? I like how the company squeezed the bonus in without a lot of people knowing. Right after we were trying to figure out our next contract. Of course nothing was said about it on our supplement that went through so they can continue to do it. It was only $80 a week I believe in May of 2017 I believe which was fine. But $200 is crazy. Good for them, but not for the rest of us that have done time.

The company needs to reward everyone who show up to work on time. Not just certain employees hired on a certain date. Or remove the bonus all together. I feel like it is going to go on and on and on and this "bonus" will never end.

Wish there was something in the contract that could stop this. Would it be considered favoritism as this point? Any members who are well versed in the contract?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There are bonuses here, not sure what the date of hire is. Our hub is a nearly 24/7 operation and each shift advertised a different weekly bonus amount.

All wages are minimums contractually so I do not see an argument against bonuses. Jmo

SweatPit

i won't bite
Why no argument against bonuses? I mean do you believe it is fair that a 1 year employee is making more then a 8 year employee and receiving all the same benefits? It is common sense that the higher seniority people are getting the shaft. Atleast give them a bonus too for showing up to work on time.

SweatPit

i won't bite
No more show up to work on time bonus finally. Buuuut....They raised the rate of pay to $18hr for ALL package handlers! Glad it is ALL. So you have say 9 years of seniority and make $17.80 an hour, well now you go up to $18hr. You got hired today? You get $18hr. Its an MRA adjustment so they can get rid of it anytime. Not sure how they will get rid of it without a mass number of people quitting.

No catch up raises for exisiting part timers which has me upset and quite a few others.

PT Car Washer

No more show up to work on time bonus finally. Buuuut....They raised the rate of pay to $18hr for ALL package handlers! Glad it is ALL. So you have say 9 years of seniority and make $17.80 an hour, well now you go up to $18hr. You got hired today? You get $18hr. Its an MRA adjustment so they can get rid of it anytime. Not sure how they will get rid of it without a mass number of people quitting.

No catch up raises for exisiting part timers which has me upset and quite a few others.
What is a "catch up raise"?

Days

That was the job of the national contract and they failed miserably.

SweatPit

i won't bite
Well I spoke too soon. MGMT noticed everyone the other day the hourly rate adjustment is off the table and the $200 bonus is returning. I heard of a handful of people that quit due to the bonus supposedly leaving, my guess is UPS will be begging them to come back and letting them know the bonus is back. A "catch up raise" is say they bump new hires from the current $10.60 to the contractual $13 hour. They need to bump exisiting part timers who have years of seniority that $2.40 hr if they make more then $13. Years of service matter. Or better yet, put part timers on a progression scale like full-timers.

Days

Well I spoke too soon. MGMT noticed everyone the other day the hourly rate adjustment is off the table and the $200 bonus is returning. I heard of a handful of people that quit due to the bonus supposedly leaving, my guess is UPS will be begging them to come back and letting them know the bonus is back. A "catch up raise" is say they bump new hires from the current $10.60 to the contractual $13 hour. They need to bump exisiting part timers who have years of seniority that $2.40 hr if they make more then $13. Years of service matter. Or better yet, put part timers on a progression scale like full-timers.

The reason they don’t give existing part timers catch up raises is because they don’t value them. Probably just waiting for them to quit so they can be replaced by new hires. The 18$ hr was probs rejected because of the increased amount of money that would have to go into bennies etc.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The reason they don’t give existing part timers catch up raises is because they don’t value them. Probably just waiting for them to quit so they can be replaced by new hires. The 18$ hr was probs rejected because of the increased amount of money that would have to go into bennies etc.
fake

Days

Also they could just give everyone the bonus?