New hire here

P

parttimejon

me either tie...after 8 years you would think somwone would have went...hey dont we get a break.lol. we dont get breaks in my area but we only work 4- 5 hours at a time anyway.

F

frustrated

Well, I'm still waiting. Put in a call last week, and will continue calling weekly; until they hire me , or tell me to go to #$%@

F

frustrated

Well I have just about given up hope. I will try FedEx now too.

A phone call would be nice, saying that they don't want me.{Why.... I'll never know}

I was the only one at my second interview, and was told I would hear back in two weeks. This was week three.

I have been trying off and on for over a year. Three interviews, numerous phone calls,employees putting my name in, union head puts my name in,
and still nothing. Now my driver said he would help too.

Is it time to say the heck with it ?

T

toonertoo

Try all options available to you. There is life outside UPS offerings. You are persistent, if UPS did not give you the chance, there is probably something better out there for you. Dont give up your positive attitude because of one company. They do not usually tell you they will call if they do not have it on their list. Their timing sometimes is not what anyone would expect. I got called on Memorial day night to report the next day.

F

frustrated

I appreciate the support. I researched companies I felt had some stability, offered part time employment with benefits, and offered the chance for promotion from within. It seemed that,"My life would get simpler when I plugged into the Big Brown Machine."

However, in over 20 years of working, this was one of the first jobs, I actually filled out an application,had numerous people recommend me, went through three interviews,and placed followup calls; too numerous to keep track.

I guess my reputation,knowledge, and my previous work experience were enough, prior to this.

UPS almost puzzles me, and now it is turned into a mission. When you take something away from someone, or tell them they can't do it, you want it even more.

I will continue to place a call per week, but I am continuing to research other companies {ie. Fed Ex etc.}Maybe my life is suppose to go down a different path

M

muncher

Do yourself a favor, don't waste your time with UPS, unless you want to work part-time for ten years, make no money and always be lied to by ups managment, go to college

D

dammor

"Do yourself a favor, don't waste your time with UPS, unless you want to work part-time for ten years, make no money and always be lied to by ups managment"

Aren't you quite the piece of work Mr Munchie. I believe you just made the statement on another thread that United Way was a scam. I have sworn off calling people ignorant, but you are testing my resolve. As far as part-time goes, I do believe that many are stuck there for far too long. We had 6 or 7 last year that finally were made full-time. It was overdue in my opinion.
I was thrilled they made it. These guys kept a decent attitude for years as part-timers. While it's true attutide won't get you where you want as soon as you want, it will surely make the journey much more pleasant. Given a choice I would always choose the one with a decent attitude. JMO

U

ups_smallsort

Dont give up man it is hard work but if you quit before you give yourself a chance to get used to the work then you are a sad sorry case. You better hope they stick you on the Unload that to me is the easiest.

F

frustrated

"What can brown do for you, Brown can get you halfway across the country undetected"

That's hilarious !!

However, can imagine the uproar if something happened to the guy ? Some "creative" lawyer would sue for millions, and probably get some of it.

O

opie

I'm wondering if you go home early. Like let's say you only work for a half hour and then are asked if you want to go home and you do. Do you get paid for the time? One guy said that you don't get paid if you leave early. And what kind of job is an air driver, my HUB is looking for some air driver(s). I'm not 21 yet, so I can't apply for it. But, my hope is to do something less physical in the future.

F

frustrated

"Asked to go home" ? Why, slow shift ? Isn't there a clause, that says, they have to give you 3 hours or something like that ?

Still nothing for me.

L

local804

If you agree to go home, you will get paid for only the half hour that you worked.That is called working time only. Do you really think UPS wants to pay you 3 hours for just working 1/2 an hour???????Me, as a stock owner, do not think thats a good idea.If you want to work, I am sure the suit will want to find something for you to do in the building.As for less physical work, I doubt it......

O

opie

You don't have to go home I guess, I believe they can't force you to home. Sometimes they have more guys then they need, and so they will probably ask somebody if they want to take the rest of the day off. I don't want to be a loader forever, eventually and hopefully sometime early next year I can move into a position that is less physical.

F

frustrated

Well,

I now have two people that put my name in for seasonal work {inside}

If this doesn't work, I officially give up on UPS.

M

mr_roboto

When GRL posted that she is considering UPS for employment she mentioned that she looks 10 or 15 years younger than her true age. Maybe that's important.

Have you considered a make-over?

F

frustrated

Do you mean wear a skirt, and change the pigment of my skin ?

I think your comment sounds a little racist or sexist.

But, do you think it would work ??

M

mr_roboto

I mean.... be sure to look your best.

Go to my profile to see the outfit I wore to my interview. I was impressive then and even more so today.

roboto

T

toonertoo

HMMMMM, never thought of that, I still feel if UPS passes up someone who actually wants to work, it is their loss and your gain. Maybe the Post Office is looking for help, since they are getting more volume now, because of UPS lite. Maybe go and apply with a USPS uniform, they love those guys now! If you are ready to give up, try going as a woman, size 38 cup would be good, but with your luck the person hiring will be a male and he will be gay and you are screwed again. Dont know how to console you except that its sad they dont hire someone who has tried so hard, male female or morphadite.