New hire, package driver

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

1. Believe it or not, we just had a feeder driver bid back in to package. Reason? He was tired of working nights. He has never worked a day in package and has no idea how to use a DIAD. He was not one of the most motivated inside workers.

This should be interesting.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
  1. Believe it or not, we just had a feeder driver bid back in to package. Reason? He was tired of working nights. He has never worked a day in package and has no idea how to use a DIAD. He was not one of the most motivated inside workers.
This should be interesting.
That is 1 in 1000.....very rare. Hope he sticks it to your boss!!

Jondlc

Why did they send you home Monday and Tuesday?

I havent worked a monday since I started because they say its the slowest day of the week and they have no work for me. On that particular Tuesday I was told that they were "running a limited load" whatever that means and so just "hang tight and ill let you know". Nothing happened and I was sent home.

Last week was the first week I finally worked about 8hrs from Tuesday to Friday and was told that I "scratched" every single day with 160 to 185 stops. Guess thats good.

Im hoping to keep working 8 hours or more next week as my savings are running low and im paying rent and utilities from there. Sucks.

Whats up everybody. So 2 weeks in are in the books..one week with supervisor and then by myself from last monday...i scratched on the 2nd day and every day past. He even called me on Thursday and asked me to go help a driver close to me since his helper didnt show up. Im all about it, more hours = more money.. im loving this job so far.. i enjoy just being by myself, i get focused on delivering and just knock it out..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whats up everybody. So 2 weeks in are in the books..one week with supervisor and then by myself from last monday...i scratched on the 2nd day and every day past. He even called me on Thursday and asked me to go help a driver close to me since his helper didnt show up. Im all about it, more hours = more money.. im loving this job so far.. i enjoy just being by myself, i get focused on delivering and just knock it out..

It's a pretty simple job.

optikz

It's a pretty simple job.
the concept is but there are days when it's far from simple. I had 7 25+ piece bulks with multiple cods in each bulk that really was a pain the ass because these guys run these hole in the wall hair shops and can barely read or write English. I was told that's the norm on this route but still want u to do 150+ stops. those were very time consuming.

I finally called the manager after the HR guy told me who my manager is.
We spoke for 10 seconds and he said would call me back. I haven't heard from him since this morning. Have no idea when I am supposed to start. This is only the first day after Integrad. How does this place work?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mondays are generally our slowest day so I am not surprised that you didn't start today. I would think they would get you on road sooner than later as Peak is almost here.