New hire to UPS for preloader, need some tips!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That's one part I didn't get why would you want to put the small stuff behind the medium stuff? I tried to look for videos online of how to properly pack the truck but I didn't find much.

I hate Smalls being put behind larger boxes. They're hidden from the driver and take longer to find. I noticed this method starting several years ago, it needs to be rethought. I loose most of my time in the back of my car hunting packages.

B
you put the smalls behind the mediums because it saves space

there are preload method videos on iGate that go into detail about all this, they should be having you watch them, if not shame on them
nope didn't have me watch them but it would be very helpful, is that something I can go online myself to watch on igate?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
B

nope didn't have me watch them but it would be very helpful, is that something I can go online myself to watch on igate?
technically yes you would just need access to a UPS computer you could navigate from the homesite to iGate and then get yourself an ID, go into the learning management system and search for preload methods and take some of the training

in reality you would need a supervisor to let you get on one of those computers first

Box Ox

They probably didn't have you watch them during training because they would have had to pay you for that time. And if it wasn't in your initial training they're certainly not going to have you punch in before you choose to do iGate training on your own.

Sounds silly but management obsesses over every minute at my center. Don't do on your own what you should have been paid for in the first place if it were important. Have a preload supervisor instruct you during the sort.

4evapreloader

If I followed my supervisors instructions to the letter 25 years ago, there would be perfect loads. If I followed my supervisors instructions to the letter today it would be a smile*show. That's all anyone in IE needs to know.

It's doubtful anyone in the part time sup position today has the tiniest clue as to what the dinosaur is talking about.

If I followed my supervisors instructions to the letter 25 years ago, there would be perfect loads. If I followed my supervisors instructions to the letter today it would be a smile*show. That's all anyone in IE needs to know.

It's doubtful anyone in the part time sup position today has the tiniest clue as to what the dinosaur is talking about.
Nor would the Dinosaur want his PT sups to know what he is talking about, as that would devalue his position. Present day management is all about keeping your position in a downsizing market.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
1. Writing on the packages is a waste of time.

2. DO NOT snake the load!

3. Yuppers.

The driver was a :censored2: for going off on you.

I was told #1 by several sups. However, I continued to write in VERY big font on the boxes (both to help the drivers and help myself get organized). I had a sup approach me and tell me the drivers on my pull were very happy that I wrote in large and clear font and that it made it easier for them to find boxes. - You don't need to write on everything though, especially small envelopes/bags.

2. My drivers like when I snake the load

In the end, knowing your driver's preferences is always a good thing and I've found that positive words from them tend to find their way back to your sup as much as a negative.