New hire to UPS for preloader, need some tips!!!!

J

jibbs

I hate Smalls being put behind larger boxes. They're hidden from the driver and take longer to find. I noticed this method starting several years ago, it needs to be rethought. I loose most of my time in the back of my car hunting packages.

Okay, I get what you're saying here but I have a quick question regarding the smalls-behind-larger-boxes issue.

Lately the dispatch/routes have been FCUKED in my center, so it seems like the drivers are tending to deliver out of PAL order (i.e. they'll knock out their airs, then the 3K's, then the 2K's, weird stuff like that), but I've always thought it just made sense to put a smaller package behind a larger one, so long as the PAL indicates a lower number on the larger, visible package (like an American Greetings box set to 1300 with an envelope set to like 1456 behind it.)

Does that still screw with you guys? None of my drivers have complained about it, but that doesn't mean it's not causing them problems... I just have this antisocial thing going on during preload and not every driver voices their opinions to me about load quality.

Bring baby wipes.

Offer to driver.

Me and you? We need to have a fight over avatar rights, that's what we need to do. Shiitty part is I like yours better. :ignored:

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Okay, I get what you're saying here but I have a quick question regarding the smalls-behind-larger-boxes issue.

Lately the dispatch/routes have been FCUKED in my center, so it seems like the drivers are tending to deliver out of PAL order (i.e. they'll knock out their airs, then the 3K's, then the 2K's, weird stuff like that), but I've always thought it just made sense to put a smaller package behind a larger one, so long as the PAL indicates a lower number on the larger, visible package (like an American Greetings box set to 1300 with an envelope set to like 1456 behind it.)

Does that still screw with you guys? None of my drivers have complained about it, but that doesn't mean it's not causing them problems... I just have this antisocial thing going on during preload and not every driver voices their opinions to me about load quality.

Me and you? We need to have a fight over avatar rights, that's what we need to do. Shiitty part is I like yours better. :ignored:
Ok.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
IMG_1168.JPG
So that's like the minimalistic way of saying that it's okay to do?

10-4. Me get. Less word using time next.

No I'm just a One Punch Man fan as well. Lol

J

jibbs

I don't understand

What, you mean my Saitama avatar derail? It's from an anime called One Punch Man that the older folks on here might not appreciate...

If it was the method of loading we were referring to... well, idk how to get much more specific.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
What, you mean my Saitama avatar derail? It's from an anime called One Punch Man that the older folks on here might not appreciate...

If it was the method of loading we were referring to... well, idk how to get much more specific.
your reading to much into what I posted

specter208

For beginners I recommend loading packages in sequence on the shelves. Any package too big or heavy goes on the floor on their corresponding side also in sequence. Put bulk stops in the corners of the floor. Load super big or super heavy items last on floor towards middle or back of truck.

J

jibbs

@jibbs you Geno's ;) jk jk you got senority on me. Although One Punch Man is loosely based on my life before I started at UPS.

Lol, Genos is dope af but he would definitellyyyyyyyyy lose that fight. I was gonna say deal and went looking for a genos avatar, but the only decent ones I could find were animated gifs and for some reason I can't get the animation to work when I use them as an avatar, so.....

I liked yours better anyways. :cool:

Poop Head

Judge me.
Lol, Genos is dope af but he would definitellyyyyyyyyy lose that fight. I was gonna say deal and went looking for a genos avatar, but the only decent ones I could find were animated gifs and for some reason I can't get the animation to work when I use them as an avatar, so.....

I liked yours better anyways. :cool:

The only way i could get an animated avatar to work was to find a really really short gif. I see some guys with much more better ones, no idea how they got em that way.
wflBd4.gif

Can't wait for season two of the anime!!! Supposedly Nov 11th is the premier. 13 episodes :angel2: