New Ideas/Technology = More Money In My Pocket

zero

Its much more easier to read the PAL labels than others handwriting! They started it in our center while back. People quit doing it then they are back on them.

By The Book

I am also finding that even though I come in UNDER orion miles every day, I am still over allowed. The only day that I scratched was a late air day. I had an off area meet and ran the route the way I saw fit. They did not post the miles that day, but I was 10 minutes under.
They must love you, under on miles and bye bye bonus....miles are your friend, friend.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have an ORION question. What happens when the center has made a deal with a business to deliver them out of trace because they open late? Right now I break off and go back to beginning in the middle of the day. I'm guessing this wouldn't be okay with Orion.
The dispatcher should be able to go in and adjust it. Whether it actually gets done is another thing.

By The Book

I have an ORION question. What happens when the center has made a deal with a business to deliver them out of trace because they open late? Right now I break off and go back to beginning in the middle of the day. I'm guessing this wouldn't be okay with Orion.
So, you are saying you break for that 1 stop and stay on trace from there and then later in the day come back to where you broke trace from? If so,that's only a couple breaks All those customers who are now getting their stuff later are probably not pleased.

Ms.PacMan

So, you are saying you break for that 1 stop and stay on trace from there and then later in the day come back to where you broke trace from? If so,that's only a couple breaks All those customers who are now getting their stuff later are probably not pleased.
It's a restaurant that opens at 4. The staff arrive at noon, thereabouts. it's a 10am stop on trace so I am 2 hrs and 10 miles away at noon...farther if I wait until mid afternoon to go back.

btw the cooks are there at 10 but the owners won't let them sign for packages.

We have recently implemented Orion. Personally I love it. I drive way more and work much less and this comes from a driver that only drives 30+ miles.

From a company aspect I think Orion is a huge failure.

I have missed daily, drive more miles that I would have normally, and have to have someone else do my pickups daily.
Slacker,

Box Ox

Because they don't care as long as they place the right box in the right section it's fine to them. Labels visible anywhere at any center should be a mandatory requirement.

Instructions to preloaders at ORION locations are very clear.

To paraphrase: "While you may be used to book/lip loading in order so the driver can easily pull one stop after another, you're now to fill all space from the back wall of each shelf to the front."

This of course presents problems for label visibility. It's done so the additional ORION stop volume can be crammed in without taking up a lot of floor space since even the driver's first stop(s) might be in a back section.

These days, if a loader wants to load book/lip style, he/she catches grief from management until it changes to the crappy backfill style. And you work as directed unless there are safety concerns.

Last edited:

BrownTexas

Instructions to preloaders at ORION locations are very clear.

To paraphrase: "While you may be used to book/lip loading in order so the driver can easily pull one stop after another, you're now to fill all space from the back wall of each shelf to the front."

This of course presents problems for label visibility. It's done so the additional ORION stop volume can be crammed in without taking up a lot of floor space since even the driver's first stop(s) might be in a back section.

These days, if a loader wants to load book/lip style, he/she catches grief from management until it changes to the crappy backfill style. And you work as directed unless there are safety concerns.

That's the best part of Orion. I spend an hour longer looking for packages. So when they ask why I keep having missed, I just laugh.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It's a restaurant that opens at 4. The staff arrive at noon, thereabouts. it's a 10am stop on trace so I am 2 hrs and 10 miles away at noon...farther if I wait until mid afternoon to go back.

btw the cooks are there at 10 but the owners won't let them sign for packages.

Sheet the packages as refused and send them back. Repeat as necessary. Sooner or later the owners will re-evaluate their policy.