New Ideas/Technology = More Money In My Pocket

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The photos in the suckass article in "Inside UPS" were the most pathetic and disturbing images I've seen in a very long time. I wonder if at least one of the people in those photos are members on this forum. Or maybe someone that works in any of those places and witnessed that ass sucking is a member. It would be interesting to hear their accounts of what they witnessed on those horrible days. LOL.
I tossed mine without even opening it, anyone got a SS, we always have some sort of tie in our building.

wayfair

swollen member
Curious, if a business is only open on weekends and they get packages during the week, how would you handle that situation? Better yet, if it's a Karate place like most of us have around here, hours are sporadic, do you just keep coming back whenever you feel like it? If customers aren't going to be at their place of business to receive packages during normal business hours, this isn't the delivery services problem, it's theirs.

I suggest to those business owners that they need to have their deliveries sent to their home address or primary work address or have all of their stuff held at the building for will call.

special brownie

I have an ORION question. What happens when the center has made a deal with a business to deliver them out of trace because they open late? Right now I break off and go back to beginning in the middle of the day. I'm guessing this wouldn't be okay with Orion.
They can go set time requirements for certain stops through orion

KaiserTom

:censored2: the supervisors and management, as a preloader I don't listen to a damn word they say about how to do my job, I just do what I do to please my drivers.

No I'm not gonna brick the packages against the wall, I know how much space I have in this truck. How about you don't add a 50 package stop to my truck 10 minutes before my driver has to be out of the gate.

The amount of times I'm having to turn to my sup after he tries to criticize my load and tell him "wrong answer" is getting ridiculous.

barnyard

KTM rider
Next week, the route that I am covering does not have a good place to eat on route. Wonder how many miles I am allowed to go off for break. I do not mind bringing my own lunch for a week, but I have to be able to hit a bathroom after I eat.

Overpaid Union Thug

Less than one mile on either side.

giphy.gif

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Next week, the route that I am covering does not have a good place to eat on route. Wonder how many miles I am allowed to go off for break. I do not mind bringing my own lunch for a week, but I have to be able to hit a bathroom after I eat.
That is a million dollar question. I have had managers in the past stand in front of everyone and demonstrate on a white board that a truck after leaving point x let's say stop 53 of day needs to start break as soon as he breaks trace , even if closest restaurant , gas station, etc was 5 miles away, also had them say before that if you drove an " excessive amount" to your house for lunch that was stealing time, they make up the rules as they go, I would ask the center manager with your steward present in the am what was acceptable to cya.

oldngray

nowhere special
That is a million dollar question. I have had managers in the past stand in front of everyone and demonstrate on a white board that a truck after leaving point x let's say stop 53 of day needs to start break as soon as he breaks trace , even if closest restaurant , gas station, etc was 5 miles away, also had them say before that if you drove an " excessive amount" to your house for lunch that was stealing time, they make up the rules as they go, I would ask the center manager with your steward present in the am what was acceptable to cya.

UPS will try to steal break time from you if you let them but your break starts after you are parked and the moment you step off the truck.

gear-guy

We have had Orion over a year and it is the greatest thing ever. I'm 100% everyday, have business closures at least once a week and there is nothing that they can do about it. I run a rural route and when routes are cut I run approx. 50-60 more miles than I ever did. I am passing the same roads at least 3 to 4 times and just waving as I go buy. Gotta luv. it. Remember speed limit and 100% trace, this is what they want and this is what they get.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
This is NOT what they want. They want us to use Orion as a tool, not to blindly follow it stop for stop. 85% is acceptable.
Is delivering 85% of your packages acceptable? Is getting paid 85% of your paycheck acceptable? Is giving 85% of your best effort acceptable? Is being safe 85% of the time acceptable?

When I do things, I do them 100% of my ability. You say unions promote mediocrity, sounds you're the one saying mediocrity is ok.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is delivering 85% of your packages acceptable? Is getting paid 85% of your paycheck acceptable? Is giving 85% of your best effort acceptable? Is being safe 85% of the time acceptable?

When I do things, I do them 100% of my ability. You say unions promote mediocrity, sounds you're the one saying mediocrity is ok.

Running Orion 100% in trace would make absolutely no sense (at this point).

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Running Orion 100% in trace would make absolutely no sense (at this point).
Neither does working off the clock....I digress. This isn't my, your, or our company. We work as directed, is the direction is to run ORION, you do it the best of your ability. If your directed to service the customer, then you do it 100%. The two directives above can not be completed 100% on most routes together. Refer to your management team which they would like.