New Important Policy Rumor/Buzz

El Morado Diablo

There's one in every couple of loops. Paycheck thieves.

They aren't thieves if FedEx allows them to do it.

We have a courier in our station who fits your example to a "T". No manager has ever been able to do anything about it even though they know what's going on. 10 hour days no matter how much work they take off the route. It's a running joke in our station. Thing is, most of the anger the rest of the loop has in regards to doing the extra work is directed at FedEx management rather the courier in question.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It looks like they were trying it at a few select locations and it bombed because they didn't have enough people to make it work.
This company will NEVER have enough bodies on hand to make any of their ideas work. Too much turnover, Memphis requiring extra lean staffing, sick calls, injuries, bereavements etc.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They aren't thieves if FedEx allows them to do it.

We have a courier in our station who fits your example to a "T". No manager has ever been able to do anything about it even though they know what's going on. 10 hour days no matter how much work they take off the route. It's a running joke in our station. Thing is, most of the anger the rest of the loop has in regards to doing the extra work is directed at FedEx management rather the courier in question.

He's still a thief. I understand why they're mad at the manager, but really, what do they expect? Couriers don't want to be held to any standard. They want to be left alone to do their jobs in whatever manner they want to do them and never have to answer any questions about their work. Management has accommodated this, little by little.

The type of courier we're talking about is the result of that.

vantexan

He's still a thief. I understand why they're mad at the manager, but really, what do they expect? Couriers don't want to be held to any standard. They want to be left alone to do their jobs in whatever manner they want to do them and never have to answer any questions about their work. Management has accommodated this, little by little.

Right, they tried to turn us into robots with ROADS while paying us squat, and you say WE'RE the problem. Liar.

dex 84

I wouldn't call it thievery if somebody is trading their time for money and they do their job at a slower pace to make more money. They did the job and they got paid for how long it took them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Right, they tried to turn us into robots with ROADS while paying us squat, and you say WE'RE the problem. Liar.

Dano must be a great "manager" because he's an excellent liar. This should be listed as a job requirement for all FedEx management. MUST BE AN ACCOMPLISHED AND CONVINCING LIAR.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's because Fred's his big idol.

Fred's panties are in a wad today because the Brexit devalued his TNT purchase. Look for cuts in benefits so he can pick your pocket to make-up the difference. Dano is under Fred's desk right now trying to console him.

Star B

White Lightening
They did the job and they got paid for how long it took them.

However you are expected to do your job and not other errands. From Danos story, it sounds like he was breaking off and doing other, non company, tasks while being paid for it.

That's theft no matter what you say about it. Quite a different beast than managements over-dispatching, lofty goals, or a courier that is truly struggling.

I've slowed down during a route.... but typically at my 10 1/2th+ hour. Wanna over dispatch me? Fine. Don't expect me to be doing goal the whole entire time. Not having an accident is more important than your SPH.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I wouldn't call it thievery if somebody is trading their time for money and they do their job at a slower pace to make more money. They did the job and they got paid for how long it took them.

Running up the cost unnecessarily...

bacha29

Denial, if your continued presence on the company payroll is not unnecessarily driving up the company operating costs , then neither is the guy who are condemning. If his daily output was not to the satisfaction of your beloved company they would have rid themselves of this guy a long time ago because there is nothing currently in place that could stop them from doing so.

TUT

He's still a thief.

Personally I think thief is a strong word to use here, sandbagging != thief. He probably looks at is that he needs to make X to make his ends meet and he'll do what he can to keep that going. Now I agree management can and should have the ultimate say in this. But a thief? To me this is why managers are there, you have to expect workers doing things like this in any line of work, the manager should be on the ball to understand and then address it appropriately.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Personally I think thief is a strong word to use here, sandbagging != thief. He probably looks at is that he needs to make X to make my ends meet and he'll do what he can to keep that going. Now I agree management can and should have the ultimate say in this. But a thief? To me this is why managers are there, you have to expect workers doing things like this in any line of work, the manager should be on the ball to understand and then address it appropriately.

Thief is the proper word to use as he is obviously stealing time.

TUT

Thief is the proper word to use as he is obviously stealing time.

Nah, I would look at is as stretching your time, things managers should be reviewing and following up on and addressing personally with the employee. There are many in the front office stealing otherwise when they are browsing non-work related sites or shooting the breeze at the water cooler. These are managerial situations to manage.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nah, I would look at is as stretching your time, things managers should be reviewing and following up on and addressing personally with the employee. There are many in the front office stealing otherwise when they are browsing non-work related sites or shooting the breeze at the water cooler. These are managerial situations to manage.

Yes they are but if I were one of the couriers impacted by this slacker you damn well know I would be having a very one sided conversation with him.

TUT

Yes they are but if I were one of the couriers impacted by this slacker you damn well know I would be having a very one sided conversation with him.

Didn't say it would be a kind and gentle conversation, it would be first describing the problem, this is what I see, what is your reply and then if there isn't a strong reason I didn't consider, then it will be very one sided, "You will start doing this, or you will not be working here any more. Got it?" and trying to state that in a way that the worker will respond positively to. But I would never consider that thieving, if they were adding hours they didn't work, that would be thieving. There are millions and millions of time stretchers out there... who get great yearly reviews!