New, Improved (?) Response Thread

fdxsux

Except the company has set a minimum and a maximum pay. If the company has no intention of allowing people to reach maximum pay, they shouldn't be advertising it as a way to recruit new employees.
This. If you’re not going to move people through the pay range in a decent amount of time just get rid of the pay range, decide what the job is worth, and pay people that.

It will be fine

Okay Mr Semantics let me rephrase. You don’t think an employee that has been in a position for 14yrs has earned the top pay the company offers for that position?
I think a 10+ year pay progression is absurd. A few years at a max is reasonable. After that small COLA increases should be it.

falcon back

Why not wait til the next pay action is announced to whine? It's much easier to bitch before the pay action is announced and rile people up than it is to see what pay actions are to be taken.

NC man

I’m topped out, thank goodness, but Fed put in step program years ago and then said ,oh sorry not gonna happen so I feel for those that were lied to. Right now we are short handed, eight new hires quit after one month.people don’t want to work, our mgrs can’t even get people to come interview for jobs. If you own a business and people quit soon and you don’t get applicants then you need to look at what you are offering. My two cents and I will wait for the pushback,haha

yadig

Low pay often attracts workers with that attitude.
When I started 30 yrs ago we had a good pension, shift premiums, awesome insurance! I had no reason to leave. We had raises based off performance and up to 7% was rewarded. They hv took almost everything away! Crappy insurance also! I’m topped out and I like my job, I’m a RTD. If I was new at FedEx I’d get a Cdl and get out! I’m able to make a lot of $ and be home every night. I’m gonna ride it till this ship sinks! I believe someone pulled the plug! Why would I start over with no vacation or seniority? Its hard to make 100,000 at the majority of truck lines.

Stat41

Yes. They should terminate the people that complain all the time, I know I do. If you don’t keep the negativity in check it gets out of control. You could pay those people UPS wages and they’d just find something else to complain about bringing the entire workforce down with them.
So according to you, you would terminate someone for having a legitimate complaint or that the company did not fulfill its promise to the employee. I am on board with you about constant gripers, but I strongly disagree with you otherwise. In my opinion the examples that I gave should have been addressed by the employer, because the employer was at fault by breaking their word. I guess were going to have to disagree on this one.

Stat41

“The corporation owes workers nothing more than the compensation offered” - I completely agree. I’ve been here 14 years. I deserve to be topped out. There is no reason an employee should take a job expecting to make their starting wage forever. The company sets top out... not me. Again, I’m not the one saying what top pay is. FedEx sets the pay scale. It’s not too much to ask to move up it at a consistent rate. The company “offers” pay that they don’t want anyone reaching. That needs to change. What we don’t need is more “if you don’t like it, there’s the door” people. There’s enough of them running this disaster.
Fedex did promise to move it up at a predictable rate with the ten step program, then they did not do what they promised. And people complain. And that complaint is legitimate.

NC man

First time today i had 3 people complain about wrong day del. mid day routes can’t del all of it, it rolls over to am. I don’t blame them. Until today had no gripes but people are noticing now.
Note to HQ, this is a disaster

It will be fine

First time today i had 3 people complain about wrong day del. mid day routes can’t del all of it, it rolls over to am. I don’t blame them. Until today had no gripes but people are noticing now.
Note to HQ, this is a disaster
The money back guarantee is still off for everything but P1, right? I’m thinking Memphis expected some turmoil in this project and rushed it out while they could still keep all the money.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The money back guarantee is still off for everything but P1, right? I’m thinking Memphis expected some turmoil in this project and rushed it out while they could still keep all the money.
"Memphis-based FedEx said that effective April 6, its money-back guarantee was reinstated for select U.S. domestic and U.S. import/export shipments (for U.S. payors only), including: FedEx First Overnight; FedEx Priority Overnight; FedEx Standard Overnight; FedEx International First; FedEx International Priority; and FedEx International Priority Freight."

It will be fine

"Memphis-based FedEx said that effective April 6, its money-back guarantee was reinstated for select U.S. domestic and U.S. import/export shipments (for U.S. payors only), including: FedEx First Overnight; FedEx Priority Overnight; FedEx Standard Overnight; FedEx International First; FedEx International Priority; and FedEx International Priority Freight."
Aren’t most of the failures in the Response program the 2 day stuff? The deliveries the mid-day positions are supposed to deliver. Or am I wrong and the mid-day routes are doing standard overnight volume?