New, Improved (?) Response Thread

Aquaman

Fedex did promise to move it up at a predictable rate with the ten step program, then they did not do what they promised. And people complain. And that complaint is legitimate.
Bingo. Step plan was created to address the biggest problem employees had with the company. Pay progression. The 2%-3% literally made it impossible to top out. And it actually pushed people backwards due to top outs 2%-3% being bigger than everyone elses. They knew this. So the step plan comes out. And it’s a light at the end of the tunnel for some of us. What do they do? A couple years in and we’re back to 2%-3%... they can’t even go one 10 year period of topping out new hires before eliminating it. It’s honestly embarrassing.

falcon back

It’s not unknown. I still won’t be topped out and I still won’t get my pension back.
How do you know they won't give a nice increase like they did when they started the step program? Oh yea, you know everything, including constantly whining about the unknown. The pension changes were 13, 14 years ago and you are still complaining. WOW. I bet you still hate your 1st boyfriend for cheating on you.

Nolimitz

Bingo. Step plan was created to address the biggest problem employees had with the company. Pay progression. The 2%-3% literally made it impossible to top out. And it actually pushed people backwards due to top outs 2%-3% being bigger than everyone elses. They knew this. So the step plan comes out. And it’s a light at the end of the tunnel for some of us. What do they do? A couple years in and we’re back to 2%-3%... they can’t even go one 10 year period of topping out new hires before eliminating it. It’s honestly embarrassing.
it was a joke from day one

McFeely

Huge Member
Aren’t most of the failures in the Response program the 2 day stuff? The deliveries the mid-day positions are supposed to deliver. Or am I wrong and the mid-day routes are doing standard overnight volume?

Most of the failures at my station with the Wave 2 routes is business stuff that just can’t get delivered before a receiving dock closes. We have a few residential routes that also can’t finish before it’s too late to be out safely (mainly the rural and mountain stuff).

Response is 2-day and 3-day, but I think there is still some SO stuff that goes thru Indy and we get it on the late flight. We roll quite a few bulk stops to big customers because they’ve said they don’t want deliveries of 50+ boxes after 3pm.

It will be fine

Most of the failures at my station with the Wave 2 routes is business stuff that just can’t get delivered before a receiving dock closes. We have a few residential routes that also can’t finish before it’s too late to be out safely (mainly the rural and mountain stuff).

Response is 2-day and 3-day, but I think there is still some SO stuff that goes thru Indy and we get it on the late flight. We roll quite a few bulk stops to big customers because they’ve said they don’t want deliveries of 50+ boxes after 3pm.
Is that stuff due on the day it arrives at your station or the next day? Is there a buffer day that makes that ok or are they just pure failures?

McFeely

Huge Member
If it’s 2- or 3-day packages that arrive a day or two early, the morning crew will take them on road with them so they get delivered. Any packages that are due that day (like today Wednesday) but don’t get delivered on Wednesday are considered a late, regardless of what flight they arrive on.
Not sure what they code them as since I’m on road, but I know my mgmt team wants their superiors to know just how much this program sucks. Hoping that accurate reports at least show where the failures are.

Maui

Why not wait til the next pay action is announced to whine? It's much easier to bitch before the pay action is announced and rile people up than it is to see what pay actions are to be taken.
Because the pay decisions are being discussed NOW. It’s much better to make concerns known before the compensation committee sets pay.
Whether anyone likes it pay actions have to get executive approval and it is VERY expensive. Even with a 2% increase and no manager bonus salary and wages increased over $1 billion last year.

Once pay is announced it’s too late.

Maui

Is that stuff due on the day it arrives at your station or the next day? Is there a buffer day that makes that ok or are they just pure failures?
The RESPONSE sort in Indy is almost purely Standard Overnight so the overwhelming majority of packages that come in Wave 2 are due that day.

It’s a terrible experience, but if a customer won’t accept packages and request it only in the morning that’s not going to show as a failure since it’s customer initiated.

Anything after the commit time is late and it’s a pretty big issue especially with healthcare/hospital freight.

falcon back

Because the pay decisions are being discussed NOW. It’s much better to make concerns known before the compensation committee sets pay.
Whether anyone likes it pay actions have to get executive approval and it is VERY expensive. Even with a 2% increase and no manager bonus salary and wages increased over $1 billion last year.

So bitching on here about something that nobody here knows where it's going and nobody here has any control over gets results? Man, you are gullible.

Aquaman

You’re talking to a guy that spent his entire career topped out. He has no opinion worth hearing. He basically worked at a different company. He thinks $1.40 is a VERY LARGE raise lol. No it’s the raise a company this size should be giving. And even at that pace it’s gonna take forever to top out. Part of me thinks they abandoned the step plan because after a couple years people were still mad. It didn’t instantly create happiness like they thought it would. People who were $8 below where they should be weren’t happy with $1.40. A lot of 15 year employees were so underpaid that they landed on step 3. That doesn’t help either. I do think we’ll get a step this year. They’ll act like it’s a HUGE deal too. Here’s the raise we’re supposed to give you, worship us.

Stat41

Aren’t most of the failures in the Response program the 2 day stuff? The deliveries the mid-day positions are supposed to deliver. Or am I wrong and the mid-day routes are doing standard overnight volume?
Many of the failures are SOS deliveries that come in on the second wave for the delivery that day. We are also seeing some P1 coming in late on the second wave also.

Stat41

Response is only the first part of a much larger corporate plan to shift the company's operation from what we know now.
I have been thinking the same thing. But unfortunately, It appears that company is shifting its operation from substandard, to bad, to worse.

It will be fine

Then they shouldn't be surprised or angry when the people they recruited realize they have been lied to and start to complain.
I don’t think they care. They are following the Amazon thinking and expect those people to quit. They’d rather have high turnover with new young workers cycling through than old slow disgruntled workers.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don’t think they care. They are following the Amazon thinking and expect those people to quit. They’d rather have high turnover with new young workers cycling through than old slow disgruntled workers.
While this is true, they’ve so lost touch with what is going on in stations they don’t realize that the old slow workers are the ones still holding this company together. They’re the only ones who still show up on time every day and still care. That will be this company’s downfall.

falcon back

You’re talking to a guy that spent his entire career topped out. He has no opinion worth hearing. He basically worked at a different company. He thinks $1.40 is a VERY LARGE raise lol. No it’s the raise a company this size should be giving. And even at that pace it’s gonna take forever to top out. Part of me thinks they abandoned the step plan because after a couple years people were still mad. It didn’t instantly create happiness like they thought it would. People who were $8 below where they should be weren’t happy with $1.40. A lot of 15 year employees were so underpaid that they landed on step 3. That doesn’t help either. I do think we’ll get a step this year. They’ll act like it’s a HUGE deal too. Here’s the raise we’re supposed to give you, worship us
You are such a whiny ass, you could get a $1.50 raise and still bitch. I don't remember the exact increase but if it was $1.40 for you wouldn't that be about a 6 or 7% raise. Not many companies throw out that size raise every year as requested by you.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
While this is true, they’ve so lost touch with what is going on in stations they don’t realize that the old slow workers are the ones still holding this company together. They’re the only ones who still show up on time every day and still care. That will be this company’s downfall.
Itsy buys into the false economy that cheap, unreliable, revolving door inefficiency is preferable to dependable, more expensive, slower but highly efficient labor, in the long run.

Because in the short run it means more in Itsy's pocket.