New Metric has been Unleashed: RDR "Record/Drive/Release"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We were told this past Friday of a brand new metric we get to enjoy!

It's the "RDR" which stands for "Record/Drive/Release."

Basically, you record a package, travel a distance, then release said package.

It's basically geared on keeping you accountable for recording your package at the location you're supposed to, and to help make sure you're not recording an air you think will be late, then driving to that location, and subsequently releasing the air "on time."

The best part is, it's supposed to be super-duper precise.

So of course I asked, "So when we have a really long driveway we can't drive down, are we no longer allowed to record it at the end of the driveway before we start walking? Can we now only scan the package close to the door to prevent triggering the report?"

Supervisors were dumbfounded as usual...

I assume we'll start seeing people terminated for this in the pretty near future, and them having to argue why they sheeted it where they did.

1. They cant use Telematics or GPS data by itself for discipline.
2. Scanning a package and then walking it off or delivering it in a different location than scanned is not a terminable offense under the labor agreement.

Basically....they would have to be parked somewhere and see you doing it, and even then all they could do would be to issue you a warning letter.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a customer who orders a lot of clothes online.

She lives out in the country and has a gate right next to the road on a blind turn.

There is enough room for a small car to pull up to the gate and be completely off the road, but not a package car. If I tried doing that my ass would be hanging about 3 feet into the road on a blind turn.

What I do with her stuff is a park at a safe spot a little ways down the road, scan it, bag it up, and stop complete it as "driver release-gate." I then put the bag on the dash, turn on my 4-ways, wait for a gap in traffic, and then as I drive by her gate I toss the bag out of the passenger door so it lands in front of the gate and then floor it so that I don't get rear-ended by traffic coming up behind me.

Cant wait to see what this new Telematics report thinks of all of that.

JL 0513

Take this rule seriously. First offense is mandatory 1 day suspension. 2nd scan drive record (likely in NDA cases only) is termination.

Reason UPS is no longer tolerating this is class action lawsuits against the company for falsifying records as it pertains to commit times and beating them falsely.

Take this rule seriously. First offense is mandatory 1 day suspension. 2nd scan drive record (likely in NDA cases only) is termination.

Reason UPS is no longer tolerating this is class action lawsuits against the company for falsifying records as it pertains to commit times and beating them falsely.
No more wink, wink?

S

selfcancelsignal

Curious to see how this will work in our center. I think our center manager would rather see us falsify than have to answer to the DM for late air.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

S

selfcancelsignal

Gets me in trouble on those cold winter nights when you leave the truck and heater on while you run up to the house. Recording while traveling.
I learned from some of the senior drivers in my center that they can go friend--- themselves w/ this metric during those Antarctic cold Midwest winter days.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told in a PCM it applies only to NDA,for the same reasons JL 0513 listed

I would think it would apply to any premium product with a time commit but, yes, it is primarily for NDA.

The flavor of the month in my center is closing out drop boxes early.

Resident know-it-all.

I would think it would apply to any premium product with a time commit but, yes, it is primarily for NDA.

The flavor of the month in my center is closing out drop boxes early.

Resident know-it-all.
How can you close out a letter box early? The DIAD prompts you that it is not time yet. Do you go ahead and say YES? Had a on road sup once say you only had to be in the 15 minute window. Knew that was wrong.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Here we were told as long as we are on the receivers property we can sheet the NDA.

LP will disagree. If you get to the point of delivery and are delayed where its beyond your control...for example you arrive at Whole Foods or Walmart with a pile of NDA and other packages you can start scanning the packages in your truck then once a dock opens up back up and complete the delivery (this was the example used by our center manager) but if you arrive in a parking lot with 3 NDA envelopes and you have to walk across a parking lot, lobby, elevator to a door, you shouldn't be scanning it until at the actual delivery point. However, if you had say 50 pieces including say 10 air that had to go on multiple hand truck trips into the office or receiving area you could start scanning when you got to their dock or loading area.

My understanding is they're trying to stop the people who scan an air 5 miles from a stop to pretend it's not late.

There is one commercial customer I know on a different route where you can literally drive 10-15 minutes on their property before getting to the delivery point going through checkpoints much like a military base. This would be a hard one. You're on their property but they don't technically have it by the cutoff.

Sent using BrownCafe App