New Metric has been Unleashed: RDR "Record/Drive/Release"

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
As long as you close the stops out by the commit time you're fine. It's when you arrive at a very large bulk stop, where you may begin scanning before the commit time, but don't get the signature and close out the pre-recorded stops before the commit time that triggers the red flag.
That's daily for me. I can start scanning/digging out/carting in the large stop's stuff at 10:20 and not get the signature/close the stop until 10:45. It's a lot of stuff that has to be handtrucked in multiple trips into the building up elevators that you have to keep waiting for.
If I was able to dig out just the NDAs (impossible as the stop has ground, NDA, etc mixed at RDL and on other shelves listed incorrectly as other businesses in the building) and made a separate stop for just those airs, then the next stop was the same person signing for the rest of their stuff they'd tell me I was padding stops and being dishonest/inflating my stop count, so there is no winning.
I get to that last air stop well before 1030, start scanning their stuff including NDA and start making trips to bring it to them and whatever time it is when the stop is done is whatever time it is when the stop is done :)

bubba

Here in my parts it seems that it dosent matter what you do. Just as the air is not late. You can always turn the radio off in the diad scan the pkg in sig mode. Works for me

Sent using BrownCafe App

bubba

What does turning the radio off do? What is sig mode?
When you turn off the radio it cuts communication from the office meaning....somehow they cannot see you or know what your doin, stops, speed, where your del . Sig mode when you scan and put like your ready for sig. It time stamps the del.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jaker

trolling
When you turn off the radio it cuts communication from the office meaning....somehow they cannot see you or know what your doin, stops, speed, where your del . Sig mode when you scan and put like your ready for sig. It time stamps the del.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Somebody lied to you , but if you are willing to risk your job use it

Turing the radio off is only for communicating to and from the hub , with it off you can't get messages or OCA

ArcherUTR

Yeah, it would seem that GPS and time events would still be stored in your board and uploaded at the end of the day.

Also, you don't need to be signature ready to hold the time stamp after the scan and big arrow down. But being in signature ready mode does help you not accidentally screw up the stop.

oldngray

nowhere special
Turning off radio stops messages getting sent or received (like when you are in a building like a hospital that wants radios turned off) but everything is still recorded and tracked.

bubba

Guess realistically.....just depends on wether your sups like you enough to look the other way. Which we all know happens

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
I believe this new report is going above your sup or center manager head. Then what do you say when the Division manager calls you on it.

Agreed. Lower level management might ignore violations if its to their benefit. Until there is a complaint then the higher ups will jump on the driver for violating those rules.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I see this happening a lot moving forward. I really wish the union would push harder to make more 22.3 jobs out of these positions.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! They massacred a LOT of air driver combo jobs here in 2009. At the time it was the Union fighting to put the air pkgs on the regular pkg cars to keep from cutting routes/laying off FT drivers. It was over 4 years before the 22.3 jobs were somewhat straightened out.

PT Car Washer

Huh. My my boss has used the argument that "air drivers count as another driver on the street" as why I could not get air help, while sending 3 PT air drivers home early.
That is what I was told when UPS cut routes and let drivers have the day off. Then had me out doing pick ups and delivering resi's.

oldngray

nowhere special
My center would almost never use air drivers even tough there were always preloaders willing to deliver airs. It didn't matter whether there would be late airs. Its not about service. Just cutting costs and using as few people as possible.

PT Car Washer

My center has hired a couple more and plan on another plus air exception delivering everyday. Lets the FT drivers stay on trace and deliver more stops.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Ever have someone sign for their and a neighbor's package? Pre-record allows them to only have to sign once. Especially useful for dorm mail rooms, where a clerk may sign for dozens of individual stops (while some supes insist that all the packages should be one stop, DIAD training directed that each stop be recorded individually, and then we use the 'duplicate' key so we get credit for only one stop; I may have forgotten to do that once or twice:wink2:).

I know this is from a long time ago, but can you describe step by step how to do this? There's been times I deliver to an apt complex that's level 4 and leave the packages where the customer wasn't home with the leasing office. I had no idea that I could use prerecording so I'd instead scan all the packages as one stop (since they all have the same address, only different apt. number) and use 'left at' so instead of it being counted as a business stop I could still list the original receiver as residential and list the left at location. I think your method of using prerecord would be a lot easier but I was never trained on how to do that.