New Metric has been Unleashed: RDR "Record/Drive/Release"

PT Car Washer

No drivers want to do preload and air?
One signed up but then scratched his name off. Another signed but it was after the period where it should have been taken down. Going to have to repost the bid now. Most drivers don't want to give up the big paychecks and freedom of being out there on their own everyday. We have had several Art. 22.3 go into driving.

PT Car Washer

Nope that's falsifying records.

Honestly we have been hearing a lot about this lately. This could be ups way of keeping management in check more so than drivers.
That has been my thoughts. Management benefits when we cheat on late NDA. I am paid the same if it is on time or late. Never had a discipline issue with late air that was out of my control.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We've been told to sheet Early AM's before even leave the building they were not late.

Work as instructed...
So when the Loss Prevention hyenas show up and start asking questions, do you really think your management team will put their own careers at risk by backing up your claim that you were "falsifying as directed"? No...they will save their own asses by throwing yours under the bus, and since its your name on the falsified delivery record its going to be you that winds up getting fired.

BrownChoice

So when the Loss Prevention hyenas show up and start asking questions, do you really think your management team will put their own careers at risk by backing up your claim that you were "falsifying as directed"? No...they will save their own asses by throwing yours under the bus, and since its your name on the falsified delivery record its going to be you that winds up getting fired.

Exactly

PT Car Washer

Could a preloader/ air driver be awarded this bid if not accepted by a seniority driver?
The way I understand it is goes first to a FT in the classification Art 22.3. Then to FT outside the class, like a FT driver. Then to PT by seniority. Which is where we are on the last bid until they threw it out. 1 Art. 22.3, 1 PT preloader who also works on Saturday, and a FT driver.

By The Book

The way I understand it is goes first to a FT in the classification Art 22.3. Then to FT outside the class, like a FT driver. Then to PT by seniority. Which is where we are on the last bid until they threw it out. 1 Art. 22.3, 1 PT preloader who also works on Saturday, and a FT driver.
Sounds about right. Sometimes bids aren't sought after and awarded.

By The Book

I'm wondering, after reading more about this thread, about the member fired for stop completing stops after he came off lunch and took like 30 minutes extra. If this report was already used to track this member, then the 2 management verified it, this could/ has been used in ground deliveries that have been prerecorded and drove/delivered at a different time. Any thoughts on this?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Since the keys are on a fob attached to my belt, I dont foresee that ever happening. But thanks for the tip.
I am fairly sure you are aware that the person you quoted was advising the other person not to leave vehicle running while making delivery. Perhaps I could have worded my response differently, but you knew what the point was. Personally, I don't care how often you cowboys deviate from the methods. It adds to the entertainment when someone gets bagged and comes here and cries like a baby.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am fairly sure you are aware that the person you quoted was advising the other person not to leave vehicle running while making delivery. Perhaps I could have worded my response differently, but you knew what the point was. Personally, I don't care how often you cowboys deviate from the methods. It adds to the entertainment when someone gets bagged and comes here and cries like a baby.
I never deviate from the methods when it comes to parking and securing the vehicle.

My only point was that if you put a vehicle with an Allison automatic transmission in "park", the emergency brake is pretty much redundant. This is not the case on an older vehicle with a manual, without the emergency brake set the vehicle can still roll forward in gear against the engine compression.

Rainman

Its all good.
Nope that's falsifying records.

Honestly we have been hearing a lot about this lately. This could be ups way of keeping management in check more so than drivers.
There has been a lawsuit filed against UPS for drivers cheating NDA delivery time. We were told that a few weeks ago. center manager told everyone not to record until we were at the stop, or we could be terminated. Told us CYA.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
That has been my thoughts. Management benefits when we cheat on late NDA. I am paid the same if it is on time or late. Never had a discipline issue with late air that was out of my control.
Cheating hurts us all. When a person or workgroup cheats it sets an expectation that other workgroups achieve the same results putting pressure on them to cheat.

HereWeGoAgain

This report is sooooo stupid I understand the principal but dosent cover all situations. I have storage units which I have to get the keys from the office, drive threw the gate scan put pkgs in units, then go to office to get signature. Asked management for a solution and I got a stupid blank stare, so I came up with my own solution use the SDN button use the office person last name ( with permission ) because I'm not going to forge a signature!! When I told the storage unit office about this he couldn't stop laughing for some reason lol?

FilingBluesFL

And this is why you have witnesses and a steward, to make sure they know, and YOU document it in your own personal daily log.

ArcherUTR

That would be why you would politely ask them to repeat their instructions in front of another Union Hourly. If they are were willing to do that, I'd be willing to deliver shady NDA.

Last edited:

ArcherUTR

I'm wondering, after reading more about this thread, about the member fired for stop completing stops after he came off lunch and took like 30 minutes extra. If this report was already used to track this member, then the 2 management verified it, this could/ has been used in ground deliveries that have been prerecorded and drove/delivered at a different time. Any thoughts on this?

Your grammar and punctuation hurtz my brain.

But those concerned have been able to see this kind of stuff for a long time. Probably since Diad IV. I was talked to about this very thing probably 5-6 years ago.