New Single System

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
OP, are you in a collocation or standalone HD terminal?

I'm still Still standalone HD, covering the same g.damn. area...

should at least split my area in half and have a ground truck doing one side, while I cover the other side. That way, I can cut my miles in half

This stuff was talked about in another thread...
Here's how I use the current HD VRP map.
walk in to my pile of boxes...the verification manifest & map over view printouts on top.

I quickly scan & single out the misplots & pull them from my pile immediately to give to the qa clerck to PiP it to the correct route (loathe using DEX 012 ~ sorted to wrong route when on road)

Then I'll isolate my focus customers and businesses with bankers hours to run them off first.

The rest gets loaded by neighborhood.

So I drove to stop # 650 first, then did the major highways so I'm not stuck during rush hour traffic #900 & #910

Sweep to the south # 570, #580, #560...

Then a small community off a major highway, # 240-270

Some stragglers that would suck when it gets dark, so knock em out early #550 & #590

After that, west side of my route, since they are heavily traveled once skool gets out # 600 to 1100...

Finally, I can run the plotted trace to end in the gated community # 10-540

From there, use the community bathroom to wash the dirt off my hands, empty my pea bottle and bladder to go straight home, usually with a clean plate, no send agains.

If ground's vision system & Garmin GPS integration is similar, then I may hang around a bit. I'm done before 2200 due to decent weather

I already cluster my neighborhoods and run it out of VRP sequence, hope Vision numbers are similar.

STFXG

OP, are you in a collocation or standalone HD terminal?

I'm still Still standalone HD, covering the same g.damn. area...

should at least split my area in half and have a ground truck doing one side, while I cover the other side. That way, I can cut my miles in half

This stuff was talked about in another thread...

I already cluster my neighborhoods and run it out of VRP sequence, hope Vision numbers are similar.
With vision you can isolate single stops and put them first. So those early closures can be put to the front of your manifest. Then you can choose which neighborhoods you want to do and in what order. Each cluster you set up is put in order and then the system routes you through each cluster.

It will be fine

its not about handling it.......its about whether its as fast...

i see no PROS to this over VRP
i just see CONS

a big con is how its difficult to jump from route to route or help out a different contractor on a new route

i see no pros to it can you shed some of the pros since you're running it
If you need to follow the VRP sequence exactly, you are wasting a lot of time. It doesn’t give you the fastest way to run the route. Your brain will.

Vision is better for overlap. HD is dead so there is no reason for anyone to care if HD drivers like the new system.

If your truck is still too full to do a little sorting during the day, you’re doing the job wrong. The boxes should be left at recipients’ locations. It’s called delivery. Don’t waste time in the morning trying to perfectly load in order, jam those second hundred stops up in the nose and deal with it later. Your day will shift a bit later but it shouldn’t take any more time.

CJinx

No looking for missing packages
This has been a double-edged sword lately... sure, no one is hunting for a missing package to AMV scan, but now drivers aren't aware they are missing anything until they can't find it at the point of delivery. Our local management is changing code 12s and 16s to 27s on the following morning's VSA provided the package is 1) located and 2) loaded in the same CSA (albeit wrong route).

sadmanhere

stfxg listen you dumb duck the fire extinguisher is on the driver steps ......impossible to block
second its not a every day thing...in extreme situations in peak....
third its usually a bulk stop or doorman stops we put there that we make our first stop
fourth our routes are 10 min away from the terminal local streets
fifth we have a harnessed safety net mounted to use when necessary
sixth you're full of it if you say you'll never do that if necessary....or you do gd...
seventh the topic of this is single system...i made this post over single system..... not to hear your high horse crap about how you do this or that..and wont do this or that...cause you're the one full of it

i still have not heard anyone say one pro for single.......
with vrp i can isolate 5 packages in area........so if i have up to sequence 4000 i can load the truck in a way where i know where every 5 stops are.......what am i going to do with 9 shelf assignments? im going to put 20 stops in each cluster?
and hunt threw 20 boxes? and how am i going to identify the box? by label? that is much more time consuming than when we mark it with sharpies in bigger numbers....

just see nothing but cons....i see zero pros.......whatever few pros there are arent outweighing the cons

It will be fine

stfxg listen you dumb duck the fire extinguisher is on the driver steps ......impossible to block
second its not a every day thing...in extreme situations in peak....
third its usually a bulk stop or doorman stops we put there that we make our first stop
fourth our routes are 10 min away from the terminal local streets
fifth we have a harnessed safety net mounted to use when necessary
sixth you're full of it if you say you'll never do that if necessary....or you do gd...
seventh the topic of this is single system...i made this post over single system..... not to hear your high horse crap about how you do this or that..and wont do this or that...cause you're the one full of it

i still have not heard anyone say one pro for single.......
with vrp i can isolate 5 packages in area........so if i have up to sequence 4000 i can load the truck in a way where i know where every 5 stops are.......what am i going to do with 9 shelf assignments? im going to put 20 stops in each cluster?
and hunt threw 20 boxes? and how am i going to identify the box? by label? that is much more time consuming than when we mark it with sharpies in bigger numbers....

just see nothing but cons....i see zero pros.......whatever few pros there are arent outweighing the cons
There are 24 load sections in vision. You can cry all you want to, VRP is dead, adapt or leave, same as it ever was.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So I have to divide my wittle 12' boxtruck into 24 sections??? I guess the passenger seat and floor will be section one!

sadmanhere

If you need to follow the VRP sequence exactly, you are wasting a lot of time. It doesn’t give you the fastest way to run the route. Your brain will.

Vision is better for overlap. HD is dead so there is no reason for anyone to care if HD drivers like the new system.

If your truck is still too full to do a little sorting during the day, you’re doing the job wrong. The boxes should be left at recipients’ locations. It’s called delivery. Don’t waste time in the morning trying to perfectly load in order, jam those second hundred stops up in the nose and deal with it later. Your day will shift a bit later but it shouldn’t take any more time.

i dont follow sequence order exactly..i hardly do...depending on the situation and day i may jump around a whole lot..
point is with vrp i know where all the boxes are at all time by the sequence number and i can hunt them immediately...i dont have to go fishing through addresses like gd i know where every bundle of 5 stops are in the truck....what is it going to be like in single? im going through 20 boxes? im always setting up boxes?

you gd guys dont get it....you think its a competition and think you're one upping us ....vision is like a cracker now single to you guys is like a cookie....so of course you're happy...vrp is a cheesecake .....single is a downgrade from vrp.....

with vrp we are pushing 40 stops a hour......we can do 40 stops a hour with single.....not if we wasting time every so stop looking at the boxes and hunting for them....

a few drivers from nyc went to Connecticut to help out a failing building and it was there first taste of single....and they were doing 100 stops in 8 hours cause the gps had them going back and fourth back and fourth and they were hunting for boxes.... and they all said if it was set up vrp style they would have done it in half the time easy......

this is a high driver turn over rate business here in the metro area...i dont know what small towns you guys are from...but its not going to a slower method here in nyc and nj......ect....

It will be fine

So I have to divide my wittle 12' boxtruck into 24 sections??? I guess the passenger seat and floor will be section one!
You don’t have to, I don’t think I even use 10 on most routes. It’s just an option if you want to get crazy. 1000/1500 up to 8500 a 9000 section and then Floor sections for every thousand.

sadmanhere

gd guys dont have a clue what speed is......they never help each other out like hd guys help each other out.....cause they cant..they dont know the other persons route...

hd guys can jump to almost any other hd route...and do it by using the turn by turn guide.....
why take away such advantage away???

i have yet to meet one person in nyc or nj to say vision is better then vrp..not one.......

It will be fine

i dont follow sequence order exactly..i hardly do...depending on the situation and day i may jump around a whole lot..
point is with vrp i know where all the boxes are at all time by the sequence number and i can hunt them immediately...i dont have to go fishing through addresses like gd i know where every bundle of 5 stops are in the truck....what is it going to be like in single? im going through 20 boxes? im always setting up boxes?

you gd guys dont get it....you think its a competition and think you're one upping us ....vision is like a cracker now single to you guys is like a cookie....so of course you're happy...vrp is a cheesecake .....single is a downgrade from vrp.....

with vrp we are pushing 40 stops a hour......we can do 40 stops a hour with single.....not if we wasting time every so stop looking at the boxes and hunting for them....

a few drivers from nyc went to Connecticut to help out a failing building and it was there first taste of single....and they were doing 100 stops in 8 hours cause the gps had them going back and fourth back and fourth and they were hunting for boxes.... and they all said if it was set up vrp style they would have done it in half the time easy......

this is a high driver turn over rate business here in the metro area...i dont know what small towns you guys are from...but its not going to a slower method here in nyc and nj......ect....
I’m in a major metro area. VRP sucks. You’ll get used to the new stickers, each stop has a unique SID number that will be on your manifest.

sadmanhere

You don’t have to, I don’t think I even use 10 on most routes. It’s just an option if you want to get crazy. 1000/1500 up to 8500 a 9000 section and then Floor sections for every thousand.
There are 24 load sections in vision. You can cry all you want to, VRP is dead, adapt or leave, same as it ever was.
this isnt the jungle where i have to adapt to the environment....why change something for the worse? makes no sense at all.........

when overlap comes.....you gd guys are going to be in for a rude awakening...cause the amount of money you make pers stop is going to go down...around 25%........ no more taking your time inbewteen pick ups to arrange your crappy vision stops.... no more 50 stop per route ...... you're gonna have to step up the speed to make the same money and work harder......before you complain....just take your advise and adapt

It will be fine

this isnt the jungle where i have to adapt to the environment....why change something for the worse? makes no sense at all.........

when overlap comes.....you gd guys are going to be in for a rude awakening...cause the amount of money you make pers stop is going to go down...around 25%........ no more taking your time inbewteen pick ups to arrange your crappy vision stops.... no more 50 stop per route ...... you're gonna have to step up the speed to make the same money and work harder......before you complain....just take your advise and adapt
I’ve been running overlap for 3 years. Lol

sadmanhere

I’m in a major metro area. VRP sucks. You’ll get used to the new stickers, each stop has a unique SID number that will be on your manifest.
what is wrong with vrp?????

new stickers? what is easier to read from a foot or two...stickers? or your own marked sharpie sequence number? what im supposed to just hope and pray all the stickers are on the right box and dont come off? and where are the stickers going to be put on bigger boxes? sounds like a joke.......

i dont see how this is better than vrp....i dont see one pro to this

It will be fine

what is wrong with vrp?????

new stickers? what is easier to read from a foot or two...stickers? or your own marked sharpie sequence number? what im supposed to just hope and pray all the stickers are on the right box and dont come off? and where are the stickers going to be put on bigger boxes? sounds like a joke.......

i dont see how this is better than vrp....i dont see one pro to this
You can waste as much time as you want to writing on the boxes in the morning, no one will stop you. You can write the address or the SID or draw little cartoons, or print out your manifest and write the sequence number. Or you can adapt to the new system. Your call, no one cares.

CJinx

Nothing is 'wrong' with VRP, except that is a dinosaur of a system and the software license was going to expire.... and pipping is a huge waste of admin time. It was also an obstacle for GND/HD overlap.

FedGT

again...how many stops do you guys avg a day? how many packages? we avg around 150 stops 200 packages
in peak season forget it...we do well over 220 stops and well over 300 packages.....

i dont see single working at all....our trucks are filled to the max..even the cabin is filled up to 20 stops...

vision/single.....is doable with less stops...you have room in your truck to move around packages and look for them

and vision/single makes it almost impossible for emergency help...for example a gd driver came in to help a hd route and he said he would have not been able to do 20 stops on that route if it was set up for vision...he had no knowledge of the area...but was able to complete the day with vrp...

Most of my guys Ground routes were 110 delivery stops per day 280-330 packages 50 oversized and 15-25 pickups. My days varied but when I had to run a route usually it would be between 110-135 delivery 250- worst day of 515 packages on a 1200 not bulk truck which required a trip back to the terminal 30 miles away 15-30 pickups. Still visioned and sorted my stuff and got it done before dark.

It will be fine

Nothing is 'wrong' with VRP, except that is a dinosaur of a system and the software license was going to expire.... and pipping is a huge waste of admin time. It was also an obstacle for GND/HD overlap.
There’s plenty wrong with it. Pipping is garbage, you can be held hostage waiting for deletes, you have to scan everything yourself, it doesn’t allow for the terminal to load, you can’t run your own IBPR. I hate VRP more than any other system I’ve had to work around with Fedex.

MAKAVELI

You can waste as much time as you want to writing on the boxes in the morning, no one will stop you. You can write the address or the SID or draw little cartoons, or print out your manifest and write the sequence number. Or you can adapt to the new system. Your call, no one cares.
Or you could just do what Express does. Fine sort your truck and set it up how you want to run your route. One step, one look method. Remember your next 5 stops. It really isn't that complicated people.

It will be fine

Or you could just do what Express does. Fine sort your truck and set it up how you want to run your route. One step, one look method. Remember your next 5 stops. It really isn't that complicated people.
I literally don’t even go through a truck anymore when I run a route. I plot a map off the manifest and go to the shelf where the boxes should be. I may have to look around for a few boxes here and there but it’s a fair trade off compared to spending an hour or more massaging the load in the morning.