New Single System

bbsam

Staff member
i been in contract with fedex over 10 years the business model i have been using is vrp.... for them to change the system for the future beyond my contract is not my problem. while under contract with them this change decreases my productivity. there is no good reason for them to make this change other than what they have in the future...which im not contracted for.....theres nothing in the contract that says they will be changing it...

its false advertising in a way... they lured me in to sign with one set up and change it for the WORSE....
i will see them in court
I think contracting with Fedex is not for you.

Litigation probably isn’t in your future either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

efficient as ups? are you kidding me? the ups guys do almost a 1/3 of the area my trucks cover and do almost around 25% less stops with at least 1/3 more time ....ups is so not efficient its crazy...time is money in this business..the more stops you can do in a hour the better....

I average 20-22 sporh.

It will be fine

i been in contract with fedex over 10 years the business model i have been using is vrp.... for them to change the system for the future beyond my contract is not my problem. while under contract with them this change decreases my productivity. there is no good reason for them to make this change other than what they have in the future...which im not contracted for.....theres nothing in the contract that says they will be changing it...

its false advertising in a way... they lured me in to sign with one set up and change it for the WORSE....
i will see them in court
Good luck with that. File a lawsuit because FedEx won’t sort, and plan your routes for you. Their responsibility ends at getting you the packages to deliver. How you accomplish that is up to you. There are plenty of third party programs you can use if you don’t like the free one FedEx provides. You cry a lot about a system you’ve never used.

sadmanhere

You know nothing about UPS. Oooo you saw drivers back to back. Look on YouTube kid, there are like 100 of those videos. That in no way means you are faster. Every all resi route in my area goes out with over 200 stops and over 300 pieces with usually around 70-80 miles. During peak double that stop count. We have large trucks meet us just to refill the trucks during peak.

me-- hey how many stops you have left?
fat ups guy- ahh man 80...you?
me-120, what time are you gonna finish?
fat ups guy - around 7 looks like. you?
me- um....4....do you have any time commitments ?or just straight houses?
fat ups guy- just houses....how do you go so fast?
me- magic...
fat ups guy---hahahahah magic....hahaha...

sadmanhere

Good luck with that. File a lawsuit because FedEx won’t sort, and plan your routes for you. Their responsibility ends at getting you the packages to deliver. How you accomplish that is up to you. There are plenty of third party programs you can use if you don’t like the free one FedEx provides. You cry a lot about a system you’ve never used.

my gripe is the changing of vrp....i never want them to load for me..they dont know how.....
i know 3 different drivers use that system first hand...and i heard enough about it as well.....
it is a downgrade for what we hd guys do here......downgrade...and the reason its being done is for the overlap right?
well the overlap is in 2020...im still under contract for a year and half....so..why do i have to work at downgraded conditions for a future contract that im not under? that is a lawsuit.......thank you very much

sadmanhere

I think contracting with Fedex is not for you.

Litigation probably isn’t in your future either.
i think i been contracting with fedex longer than you...so idk what you're talking about....over 10 years contracting with fedex and out of nowhere you think its not from me?

It will be fine

my gripe is the changing of vrp....i never want them to load for me..they dont know how.....
i know 3 different drivers use that system first hand...and i heard enough about it as well.....
it is a downgrade for what we hd guys do here......downgrade...and the reason its being done is for the overlap right?
well the overlap is in 2020...im still under contract for a year and half....so..why do i have to work at downgraded conditions for a future contract that im not under? that is a lawsuit.......thank you very much
Let me know how that works out for you. Frivolous lawsuits are always good for a laugh. I think it’s an upgrade, but I prefer more control over my operation.

bbsam

Staff member
i think i been contracting with fedex longer than you...so idk what you're talking about....over 10 years contracting with fedex and out of nowhere you think its not from me?
I’ve been with this company since the RPS days. 23 years in fact.

That’s more than 10 years.

Your suit will be sent to arbitration and die there.

dvalleyjim

After owning ground routes for many years and now being an HD driver I never got used to the sequencing system. I always load like a ground truck in sections and stage stops as to the order I'm going to deliver them.. being able to get to the first stops first and burying the later stops. Your truck will be getting empty as you go and you can re organize later.

In the old days we just worked 5 stops at a time. On my HD route i stage more than that. But I'm old now and they print the address labels with smaller and smaller font.

bacha29

i will see them in court
Fight them in court? With what?

You've been around long enough to know at least two important facts if not more.

First. despite all best efforts to organize your loads so as to make routing as well as finding and off loading the box as quick and easy as possible that truck will continue to be loaded with every box that can possibly be loaded on to it until it's loaded floor to ceiling end to end plus whatever they can get in the cab.

Secondly. Take a closer look at your so called "contract". It will be so full of exceptions, exemptions and contingencies that it's litigation proof. XG made it that way. Aside from selling your contract what other choice do you have but to conform and adapt?

CJinx

Your local management is exhibiting serious integrity malfeasance and ought to be immediately fired.

This company has let its preload become sloppy and covered their numbers.

Might not be a huge issue if those numbers didn’t directly affect CSA bonus calculations.
I know... I've made my case and they've chosen to go in another direction. It will be an "I told you so" moment once a CSP finally has enough. I'm in no hurry to kick that hornet's nest over, though... I'll stay in my lane and as far away from the shenanigans as possible.

sadmanhere

After owning ground routes for many years and now being an HD driver I never got used to the sequencing systeom. I always load like a ground truck in sections and stage stops as to the order I'm going to deliver them.. being able to get to the first stops first and burying the later stops. Your truck will be getting empty as you go and you can re organize later.

In the old days we just worked just 5 stops at a time. On my HD route i stage more than that. But I'm old now and they print the address labels with smaller and smaller font.

you can sit down and cut your route in 30 parts or more if you want with vrp
you dont have to bury anything...i did over 210 stops and over 260packages... i knew were every box was.. i dont have to re organize anything.....

thats whay im saying.....im going to relay on the address labels? with smaller font? all the time wasting looking for packages and reorganizing stops.....i rather load my own truck and mark own label...a lot of the time boxes dont even have a address label....now that address label is going to be what i identify my box with? come on...this is crazy

Bounty

you can sit down and cut your route in 30 parts or more if you want with vrp
you dont have to bury anything...i did over 210 stops and over 260packages... i knew were every box was.. i dont have to re organize anything.....

thats whay im saying.....im going to relay on the address labels? with smaller font? all the time wasting looking for packages and reorganizing stops.....i rather load my own truck and mark own label...a lot of the time boxes dont even have a address label....now that address label is going to be what i identify my box with? come on...this is crazy
Sandman,
You can’t argue with iwbf or bbsam, because whatever x does or says to them is ok. They have eliminated common sense and just swallow whatever x rams down their throat. Of coarse vrp saves time on being able to locate boxes on the truck and the especially on training someone.

The Youngin' Of It All

I've contracted with them in less than half of your time and I can tell I'm already ahead of you. And I'm about to finish being 100% overlapped by next month. Stop using the VRP as a scapegoat and actually put the time and effort into running your business and not have someone else running it for you (AKA turn by turns). For someone of 10 years you should know this business has always been about constant change. If you can't keep up then you know what the options are.

The Youngin' Of It All

If you actually put the time and effort into Vision and sequencing you will see massive improvements. My driver comes in at 7:30 and gets back by 2:00 / 2:30 almost every day and does 130 stops because I worked with him to make it as simple as I could for both him and the preload. Why would you want to make someone suffer and load every day when the new system sequences the route exactly the same minus TBT's? If you are that passionate about it then use budgets. VRP dying was the best thing that could have ever happened.

sadmanhere

I've contracted with them in less than half of your time and I can tell I'm already ahead of you. And I'm about to finish being 100% overlapped by next month. Stop using the VRP as a scapegoat and actually put the time and effort into running your business and not have someone else running it for you (AKA turn by turns). For someone of 10 years you should know this business has always been about constant change. If you can't keep up then you know what the options are.

i can do all my routes better than ups /usps combined.... has nothing to do with me... vrp and turn by turns make it easier for new drivers...and peak season....also helps any driver to jump from route to route....helps loading...

sadmanhere

If you actually put the time and effort into Vision and sequencing you will see massive improvements. My driver comes in at 7:30 and gets back by 2:00 / 2:30 almost every day and does 130 stops because I worked with him to make it as simple as I could for both him and the preload. Why would you want to make someone suffer and load every day when the new system sequences the route exactly the same minus TBT's? If you are that passionate about it then use budgets. VRP dying was the best thing that could have ever happened.

coming in at 730 and back at 230 and did 130 stops? my guys will have 180 stops done by than...
make someone suffer and load? no one is loading our trucks with single....we still have to load our trucks....
and you can still use vrp system and have a preload

makes no sense to use single or vision when you have vrp.... you're going to rely on labels to find boxes? like thats crazy