New Single System

sadmanhere

OP, are you in a collocation or standalone HD terminal?

I'm still Still standalone HD, covering the same g.damn. area...

should at least split my area in half and have a ground truck doing one side, while I cover the other side. That way, I can cut my miles in half

This stuff was talked about in another thread...

I already cluster my neighborhoods and run it out of VRP sequence, hope Vision numbers are similar.
we are in a co location .....

split the miles in half sounds great...but fedex is going to act like the work is going to be half as easy and really low ball us in the next contracts

and what about monday to saturday? what is the drivers schedule going to look like? how many are going to work 6 days ? one maybe? but for how long? scheduling drivers on a route for 6 days is going to be rough....we are going to have to rotate everyone days off and have a rotating driver......

sadmanhere

I literally don’t even go through a truck anymore when I run a route. I plot a map off the manifest and go to the shelf where the boxes should be. I may have to look around for a few boxes here and there but it’s a fair trade off compared to spending an hour or more massaging the load in the morning.

so they load the trucks for you? i dont understand i rather spend a hour and load my own truck and know where everything is

sadmanhere

Nothing is 'wrong' with VRP, except that is a dinosaur of a system and the software license was going to expire.... and pipping is a huge waste of admin time. It was also an obstacle for GND/HD overlap.

so its cheaper for fedex to make there own software than to re license vrp?

how is it a obstacle for gd/hd?

with vrp during peak you can take a easy part of the route and throw a driver on to do 100 or stops almost from day 1 if he's in shape.... you cant do that with vision or single

MAKAVELI

I literally don’t even go through a truck anymore when I run a route. I plot a map off the manifest and go to the shelf where the boxes should be. I may have to look around for a few boxes here and there but it’s a fair trade off compared to spending an hour or more massaging the load in the morning.
You guys really are over complicating this. Ground is trying to run the sort and loading like UPS. With your contractor system, you'll never be as efficient as UPS.

sadmanhere

There’s plenty wrong with it. Pipping is garbage, you can be held hostage waiting for deletes, you have to scan everything yourself, it doesn’t allow for the terminal to load, you can’t run your own IBPR. I hate VRP more than any other system I’ve had to work around with Fedex.

no one holds us hostage for deletes....they just delete them....if its a lot of packages we just transfer all to a dummy route i have set up and just go.....
terminal load us? no one is loading us...they said they will have the packages on our skits.... with all the mis-sorts from package handlers and packages falling over on other skits...i see a mess if we are to just throw boxes in from our skits....we are going to have to look at every box to fix there mistakes.....

sadmanhere

You guys really are over complicating this. Ground is trying to run the sort and loading like UPS. With your contractor system, you'll never be as efficient as UPS.

efficient as ups? are you kidding me? the ups guys do almost a 1/3 of the area my trucks cover and do almost around 25% less stops with at least 1/3 more time ....ups is so not efficient its crazy...time is money in this business..the more stops you can do in a hour the better....

MAKAVELI

efficient as ups? are you kidding me? the ups guys do almost a 1/3 of the area my trucks cover and do almost around 25% less stops with at least 1/3 more time ....ups is so not efficient its crazy...time is money in this business..the more stops you can do in a hour the better....
I don't know what your smoking bro but you have no clue as to what UPS does. They do both air and ground, that's why their routes are more condensed. They also have time commits like Express. They can't just straightline like you guys do.

sadmanhere

I don't know what your smoking bro but you have no clue as to what UPS does. They do both air and ground, that's why their routes are more condensed. They also have time commits like Express. They can't just straightline like you guys do.

im comparing the same work we do to ups......a driver i had actually went to ups and does the same route he did with me....i know exactly what im comparing to.....and i know exactly what they do....i talk to them all the time and ask them what they are doing....feel me?

bbsam

Staff member
This has been a double-edged sword lately... sure, no one is hunting for a missing package to AMV scan, but now drivers aren't aware they are missing anything until they can't find it at the point of delivery. Our local management is changing code 12s and 16s to 27s on the following morning's VSA provided the package is 1) located and 2) loaded in the same CSA (albeit wrong route).
Your local management is exhibiting serious integrity malfeasance and ought to be immediately fired.

This company has let its preload become sloppy and covered their numbers.

Might not be a huge issue if those numbers didn’t directly affect CSA bonus calculations.

bbsam

Staff member
so its cheaper for fedex to make there own software than to re license vrp?

how is it a obstacle for gd/hd?

with vrp during peak you can take a easy part of the route and throw a driver on to do 100 or stops almost from day 1 if he's in shape.... you cant do that with vision or single
So dig your heels in and refuse to conform.

Yeah. I know. Not really gonna get you far.

Adapt or get out. It’s that simple.

We moved to single system and didn’t affect any of my routes because they’ve been overlapped to a large degree for months. None of my routes (even the primarily HD ones) have used VRP for a long time except on Saturdays.

So yeah. It can be challenging for HD folk. Nothing insurmountable.

Last edited:

sadmanhere

what is a heal????

this is grounds for a lawsuit...i signed a contract with fedex under the vrp model...this is a big impact on my business..
i'll see you in court fdex...you can come too in your heals bbsam

bbsam

Staff member
what is a heal????

this is grounds for a lawsuit...i signed a contract with fedex under the vrp model...this is a big impact on my business..
i'll see you in court fdex...you can come too in your heals bbsam
Sorry. Heels.

What in your contract says anything specific to VRP?

MAKAVELI

im comparing the same work we do to ups......a driver i had actually went to ups and does the same route he did with me....i know exactly what im comparing to.....and i know exactly what they do....i talk to them all the time and ask them what they are doing....feel me?
No you don't do the same job.

542thruNthru

this is beyond absurd..... i know all my ups guys.... my routes are all residential..... i compare there day to mine...
we move faster and better period...end of discussion ......

2120E671-98C5-4AD0-9551-94DA65177E7E.gif

sadmanhere

Sorry. Heels.

What in your contract says anything specific to VRP?

i been in contract with fedex over 10 years the business model i have been using is vrp.... for them to change the system for the future beyond my contract is not my problem. while under contract with them this change decreases my productivity. there is no good reason for them to make this change other than what they have in the future...which im not contracted for.....theres nothing in the contract that says they will be changing it...

its false advertising in a way... they lured me in to sign with one set up and change it for the WORSE....
i will see them in court

sadmanhere

im going to record and upload on youtube when i see ups trucks going back to back when they try and "help" eachother out....everyone looks like deers in headlights.....

i dont blame ups for working slower.....theres no reward for going super fast...our reward is to go home early ...ups goes fast they just bring them more boxes....

but as it stands....ups drivers do not come close to our drivers in nyc..period..case close..do not comment if you're not from nyc...i dont know what goes on in kentucky or in charming......

MAKAVELI

this is beyond absurd..... i know all my ups guys.... my routes are all residential..... i compare there day to mine...
we move faster and better period...end of discussion ......
You move faster because you have no time commits and don't force your drivers to take meal breaks. Ttku

542thruNthru

im going to record and upload on youtube when i see ups trucks going back to back when they try and "help" eachother out....everyone looks like deers in headlights.....

i dont blame ups for working slower.....theres no reward for going super fast...our reward is to go home early ...ups goes fast they just bring them more boxes....

but as it stands....ups drivers do not come close to our drivers in nyc..period..case close..do not comment if you're not from nyc...i dont know what goes on in kentucky or in charming......

You know nothing about UPS. Oooo you saw drivers back to back. Look on YouTube kid, there are like 100 of those videos. That in no way means you are faster. Every all resi route in my area goes out with over 200 stops and over 300 pieces with usually around 70-80 miles. During peak double that stop count. We have large trucks meet us just to refill the trucks during peak.