New Target For BLM?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
They were Proud Boys!

Furthermore, "there were very fine people on both sides!"

tRump down 14 points is a big indicator that this country is tired of the racism people like you keep spewing!

JJinVA

They were Proud Boys!

Furthermore, "there were very fine people on both sides!"

tRump down 14 points is a big indicator that this country is tired of the racism people like you keep spewing!

😂 you're so hysterical it's hilarious. God help you man you're gonna have a heart attack before you reach puberty

Overpaid Union Thug

91AD1EAF-4493-49A9-A057-1E5F71D8BF6B.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
has jesus been perverted in america?

fascism in america will have hte cross prominently featured. mike pence is a christian supremacist for god sakes.

Christian Supremacist is an oxymoron. Jesus taught that the greatest among us would be our servant.

yea but thats in a different context though. maybe these statues are worshipping disgusting individuals or sugarcoating their history by the aspects they choose to remember vs the others they choose to look over.

howard zinn wrote about how some historians cover columbus by overlooking or barely mentioning the substantial number of people's lives he ruined.

You can contextualize anything you want, anyway you want to justify any reaction you want to have (free speech, right?). You can demonize just about any figure who was notable enough to be written about, or have a statue made of them. Newsflash, no one's perfect, really terrible people have made major contributions to civilization. We can appreciate the good people have done without using it to justify the bad. You certainly shouldn't judge historical figures through a contemporary lens. History is what happened, good, bad and ugly. It's how we got where we are, and to destroy history that we don't like is to deny dignity to those who lived through it.

rickyb

Christian Supremacist is an oxymoron. Jesus taught that the greatest among us would be our servant.

You can contextualize anything you want, anyway you want to justify any reaction you want to have (free speech, right?). You can demonize just about any figure who was notable enough to be written about, or have a statue made of them. Newsflash, no one's perfect, really terrible people have made major contributions to civilization. We can appreciate the good people have done without using it to justify the bad. You certainly shouldn't judge historical figures through a contemporary lens. History is what happened, good, bad and ugly. It's how we got where we are, and to destroy history that we don't like is to deny dignity to those who lived through it.
we destroy history when we forget it.

christian supremacist is not an oxymoron.

" The greatest moral failing of the liberal Christian church was its refusal, justified in the name of tolerance and dialogue, to denounce the followers of the Christian right as heretics. By tolerating the intolerant it ceded religious legitimacy to an array of con artists, charlatans and demagogues and their cultish supporters. It stood by as the core Gospel message—concern for the poor and the oppressed—was perverted into a magical world where God and Jesus showered believers with material wealth and power. The white race, especially in the United States, became God’s chosen agent. Imperialism and war became divine instruments for purging the world of infidels and barbarians, evil itself. Capitalism, because God blessed the righteous with wealth and power and condemned the immoral to poverty and suffering, became shorn of its inherent cruelty and exploitation. The iconography and symbols of American nationalism became intertwined with the iconography and symbols of the Christian faith. The mega-pastors, narcissists who rule despotic, cult-like fiefdoms, make millions of dollars by using this heretical belief system to prey on the mounting despair and desperation of their congregations, victims of neoliberalism and deindustrialization. These believers find in Donald Trump a reflection of themselves, a champion of the unfettered greed, cult of masculinity, lust for violence, white supremacy, bigotry, American chauvinism, religious intolerance, anger, racism and conspiracy theories that define the central beliefs of the Christian right. When I wrote “American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America” I was deadly serious about the term “fascists.” "

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
howard zinn wrote about how some historians cover columbus by overlooking or barely mentioning the substantial number of people's lives he ruined.
Zinn is :censored2:ing garbage. People's History is fiction.

Columbus will go down as one of the greatest men to ever live. Zinn will go down as the little bitch that he is.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Zinn is :censored2:ing garbage. People's History is fiction.

Columbus will go down as one of the greatest men to ever live. Zinn will go down as the little bitch that he is.
I actually have one of his books:
A People's History of the United States --- 1492 - Present

It is a rewriting of history from one viewpoint ... Howard Zinn's POV.
Which means it is a bit silly and interesting.
I understand history as we know it is not very accurate except from 50,000 feet as they say.
Howard's view is interesting and coherent which is a good, strong indicator it's made up.
History is anything but coherent.

rickyb

I understand history as we know it is not very accurate except from 50,000 feet as they say.
Howard's view is interesting and coherent which is a good, strong indicator it's made up.
all history and journalism for that matter is from someones POV. theres no such thing as objectivity and he lays it out at hte beginning.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Practice guitar or read Zinn?

Easy choice and I ain't gonna fret over it.

Zinn History.jpg