New Target For BLM?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
we destroy history when we forget it.

christian supremacist is not an oxymoron.

" The greatest moral failing of the liberal Christian church was its refusal, justified in the name of tolerance and dialogue, to denounce the followers of the Christian right as heretics. By tolerating the intolerant it ceded religious legitimacy to an array of con artists, charlatans and demagogues and their cultish supporters. It stood by as the core Gospel message—concern for the poor and the oppressed—was perverted into a magical world where God and Jesus showered believers with material wealth and power. The white race, especially in the United States, became God’s chosen agent. Imperialism and war became divine instruments for purging the world of infidels and barbarians, evil itself. Capitalism, because God blessed the righteous with wealth and power and condemned the immoral to poverty and suffering, became shorn of its inherent cruelty and exploitation. The iconography and symbols of American nationalism became intertwined with the iconography and symbols of the Christian faith. The mega-pastors, narcissists who rule despotic, cult-like fiefdoms, make millions of dollars by using this heretical belief system to prey on the mounting despair and desperation of their congregations, victims of neoliberalism and deindustrialization. These believers find in Donald Trump a reflection of themselves, a champion of the unfettered greed, cult of masculinity, lust for violence, white supremacy, bigotry, American chauvinism, religious intolerance, anger, racism and conspiracy theories that define the central beliefs of the Christian right. When I wrote “American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America” I was deadly serious about the term “fascists.” "

People who do the opposite of what Jesus taught, not simply fail to live up to his commands, are not Christians, regardless of their claims of faith. People who claim Christianity and use it as a way to control other people are hypocrites, and Jesus had major problems with hypocrites. He basically told the hypocrites of his time he was not there to save them. He gave many warnings about false teachers who come in his name, and he taught that we have only one Father, who is God in heaven and we are all brothers, meaning Christ's Church is a flat organization, not heirarchical. You should read more about him, I think you'd like his views on power. So you can say what you want about quasi-christian cults, but do not conflate them with Christians.

rickyb

People who do the opposite of what Jesus taught, not simply fail to live up to his commands, are not Christians, regardless of their claims of faith. People who claim Christianity and use it as a way to control other people are hypocrites, and Jesus had major problems with hypocrites. He basically told the hypocrites of his time he was not there to save them. He gave many warnings about false teachers who come in his name, and he taught that we have only one Father, who is God in heaven and we are all brothers, meaning Christ's Church is a flat organization, not heirarchical. You should read more about him, I think you'd like his views on power. So you can say what you want about quasi-christian cults, but do not conflate them with Christians.
i agree but they think they are and they are going to act as well which is the problem

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Yet, if they accept Jesus Christ as their savior, they are saved.
I never worried about whether a person was Christian or not, that is for God to judge.
I live my life in accordance with the teachings of Jesus but I am proud I am not a Christian ...
especially a Catholic or a follower of Pauline Christianity .
I am a Jesusist and accept all as my Brother.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yet, if they accept Jesus Christ as their savior, they are saved.
I never worried about whether a person was Christian or not, that is for God to judge.
I live my life in accordance with the teachings of Jesus but I am proud I am not a Christian ...
especially a Catholic or a follower of Pauline Christianity .
I am a Jesusist and accept all as my Brother.

People who proclaim Jesus with their words, but reject him with their hearts, as can be seen through their actions, don't get a free pass for saying the words. Faith without acts is dead. There are true Christians in all denominations, I am sure, but they are not the problem.

vantexan

we destroy history when we forget it.

christian supremacist is not an oxymoron.

" The greatest moral failing of the liberal Christian church was its refusal, justified in the name of tolerance and dialogue, to denounce the followers of the Christian right as heretics. By tolerating the intolerant it ceded religious legitimacy to an array of con artists, charlatans and demagogues and their cultish supporters. It stood by as the core Gospel message—concern for the poor and the oppressed—was perverted into a magical world where God and Jesus showered believers with material wealth and power. The white race, especially in the United States, became God’s chosen agent. Imperialism and war became divine instruments for purging the world of infidels and barbarians, evil itself. Capitalism, because God blessed the righteous with wealth and power and condemned the immoral to poverty and suffering, became shorn of its inherent cruelty and exploitation. The iconography and symbols of American nationalism became intertwined with the iconography and symbols of the Christian faith. The mega-pastors, narcissists who rule despotic, cult-like fiefdoms, make millions of dollars by using this heretical belief system to prey on the mounting despair and desperation of their congregations, victims of neoliberalism and deindustrialization. These believers find in Donald Trump a reflection of themselves, a champion of the unfettered greed, cult of masculinity, lust for violence, white supremacy, bigotry, American chauvinism, religious intolerance, anger, racism and conspiracy theories that define the central beliefs of the Christian right. When I wrote “American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America” I was deadly serious about the term “fascists.” "
The only fascists I see are those on the Left telling us what we are allowed to think. It's not about what the Christian Right is doing. Roe vs Wade happened almost 50 years ago. Has the Christian Right rose up to impose their will and stop abortion? Or anything else they disagree with? What he wrote is about hatred of Christianity. And his hopes to stamp it out.

It will be fine

The only fascists I see are those on the Left telling us what we are allowed to think. It's not about what the Christian Right is doing. Roe vs Wade happened almost 50 years ago. Has the Christian Right rose up to impose their will and stop abortion? Or anything else they disagree with? What he wrote is about hatred of Christianity. And his hopes to stamp it out.
You don’t think the Christian Right has imposed abortion restrictions? They’ve severely limited access in the states they control. Don’t kid yourself.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Will this statue be targeted by the radical lunatics who love destroying inanimate objects of the past? We shall see...
What you mean Yell statue? Was he in dat civil war in 1812? Hellllllll.....haft of ma brufers can't spell der friggin name. ... We gonna go do whatever day tell us dough. We ain't a slavin' no more

fishtm2001

Personally, I couldnt care less if every single statue in America was torn down. I invest no emotion in them whatsoever. But the point is, no one will touch that statue, or criticize Yale for that matter, because the Universities are the ones creating the new slave race of commies.

There is a very strong case to #CancelYale

View image on Twitter

vantexan

You don’t think the Christian Right has imposed abortion restrictions? They’ve severely limited access in the states they control. Don’t kid yourself.
Name one state where an abortion can't be had? But it's not just about abortion. If the Christian Right was as bad as he said then why are abortions allowed at all? Why isn't the country a theocracy already? Why haven't we had a civil war to impose a theocracy? It's nothing but hatred of Christianity and fear mongering to get others to hate Christianity also.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Who did you copy n' paste there?

JJinVA

Theres something we can kind of agree on. The militantly religious right is as much of a plague on civil society as the far left. Extremists of any kind put things way out of balance. If ppl want to kill their kids and are over the age of 18 i think they should be able to. Anyone under the age of 18 needs a guardian to make that decision for them. Other than that i do agree w the restriction of, if it has a beating heart it's too late to consider abortion