New to BrownCafe/seasonal driver

NeedsFTwork

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum as well as the brown life.I just was hired yesterday as a seasonal package driver.I used the search engine but I still have a few questions.
1.Is it typically 5 months of work?Start in June work a month, leave until October then work til Jan 15?
2.Can I come back next season?
3.What are the best ways to try to get on full-time or atleast part time.Thanks a lot

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
In our local:
1. Summer casuals start in May and work until End of September. If you are working as a peak casual as well you cannot work between October 1st and the 15th and under the old contract work until December 31. If new contract ratifies Janaury 15.
2. Depends on the local, our local, if you work 2 seasons as a casual, you cannot come back for a 3rd. ( summer is one season, peak is considered another season in our local)
3. Work your butt off, no late air, no missed commercial, and most importantly no accidents, if you do the above you have a small chance. I started as a casual and laid off, brought back part time because no driver spot was available and now am a full time driver, so yes there is a chance

NeedsFTwork

Thanks guys!
Scotty thanks man and yeah that's the plan I'm going to be overly dedicated to this job,everyone keeps telling me I'm lucky to have gotten my foot in the door.The seasonal contracts may be somewhat different here I think because iI'm starting June work W month and return October.Well see what happens I guess.
That seems like a plan if don't get lucky and get right into a driver position,ill try tto come back part time until I can become a full time driver :)

Sent from my LG-LS855 using BrownCafe mobile app

Teela

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum as well as the brown life.I just was hired yesterday as a seasonal package driver.I used the search engine but I still have a few questions.
1.Is it typically 5 months of work?Start in June work a month, leave until October then work til Jan 15?
2.Can I come back next season?
3.What are the best ways to try to get on full-time or atleast part time.Thanks a lot
How did you get to even become a driver? I've been wanting to drive for 7 years now. How did you do it? Thanks!

Teela

Thanks guys!
Scotty thanks man and yeah that's the plan I'm going to be overly dedicated to this job,everyone keeps telling me I'm lucky to have gotten my foot in the door.The seasonal contracts may be somewhat different here I think because iI'm starting June work W month and return October.Well see what happens I guess.
That seems like a plan if don't get lucky and get right into a driver position,ill try tto come back part time until I can become a full time driver :)

Sent from my LG-LS855 using BrownCafe mobile app
As you can see I'm new in here too but have been with UPS for 7 years and have been a PT loader the whole time. I really do like my job but I want to drive the the little brown truck! :) How do I do that? Where do I start? Thanks!

oldngray

nowhere special
As you can see I'm new in here too but have been with UPS for 7 years and have been a PT loader the whole time. I really do like my job but I want to drive the little brown truck! :) How do I do that? Where do I start? Thanks!
$%28KGrHqYOKocFDwEk%28PU-BREJB6s94Q%7E%7E_32-440x400-0-0.JPG