Seasonal PVD Pay Question

But as always the company does what it wants and refuses to negotiate any new changes with the union.
No it's going to take a year or two or three for it to get sorted out They will just do as they please.
That is what is wrong with our current leadership.

It's been like this for a long time. The Union knows that UPS is their bread and butter. While it does not mean they should completely roll over, they know what the result could be if they pushed too hard.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My position has always been that any extra work or OT is offered to any RPCD that wants it before it goes to any PVD.

We had a guy that liked to file on issues like this and collect free money when they didn't offer the work to him first. The funny thing is that every time they offered it to him first, he turned it down. He never did it once. But every time they didn't offer it to him, he filed for the time. Sorry, but I have an issue with this, although it is what it is.
Both sides signed the same contract why
shouldn’t both sides follow it

Both sides signed the same contract why
shouldn’t both sides follow it

Because when I'm in a discharge hearing with an employee who screwed up asking UPS to reduce it to a warning letter, I get the same response you gave me. UPS says that they were forced to follow the contract and pay Joe Blow for work he didn't do, so they are following the contract and discharging Jane Doe.

Was it Joe Blow's fault that Jane Doe screwed Up? No. But people like Joe Blow turn management against all employees and ruin it for anyone who may make a mistake.

It would be different if Joe Blow actually wanted to do the work. He just wanted free money because UPS screwed up and it ends up costing other employees.

Commercial Inside Release

Damn! For the last two years, I've tried multiple approaches at putting a stop to the central paying PVDs more money and giving them all my hours... Got no where.

Now, I'm crying and begging on here while they rob me for the third year in a row.

35years

Gravy route
Won grievances on PVDs getting extra work Mon-Fri and won grievances on PVDs working Saturdays over RPCDs. Many members made money off of it.
So what is your thoughts about filling on the following situation...

Drivers are on the 70 hour rule.
Friday comes around and a driver will have 62+ hours if he finishes his stops. So, to get around the language that you need 8 hours available to force a 6th Saturday punch, UPS either forces the driver bring stops back as missed, or forces him to give away the stops to another driver or PVD to keep his hours under 62 on Friday.

Seems to me forcing a driver to give up his Friday overtime to either a PVD, less senior driver, or forcing him to miss stops to get him off the clock while less senior drivers are not called back would be a contract violation.

My B.A. does not agree. He thinks UPS can call us off if they want in order to preserve hours for a forced 6th Saturday punch, as long as we work at least 8 on Friday.

Any thoughts?

542thruNthru

So what is your thoughts about filling on the following situation...

Drivers are on the 70 hour rule.
Friday comes around and a driver will have 62+ hours if he finishes his stops. So, to get around the language that you need 8 hours available to force a 6th Saturday punch, UPS either forces the driver bring stops back as missed, or forces him to give away the stops to another driver or PVD to keep his hours under 62 on Friday.

Seems to me forcing a driver to give up his Friday overtime to either a PVD, less senior driver, or forcing him to miss stops to get him off the clock while less senior drivers are not called back would be a contract violation.

My B.A. does not agree. He thinks UPS can call us off if they want in order to preserve hours for a forced 6th Saturday punch, as long as we work at least 8 on Friday.

Any thoughts?
I think it's a legitimate grievance and actually one we have won here. The company will still do it to save hours but they will pay twice in the end.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Because when I'm in a discharge hearing with an employee who screwed up asking UPS to reduce it to a warning letter, I get the same response you gave me. UPS says that they were forced to follow the contract and pay Joe Blow for work he didn't do, so they are following the contract and discharging Jane Doe.

Was it Joe Blow's fault that Jane Doe screwed Up? No. But people like Joe Blow turn management against all employees and ruin it for anyone who may make a mistake.

It would be different if Joe Blow actually wanted to do the work. He just wanted free money because UPS screwed up and it ends up costing other employees.
What did Jane do wrong?