New to UPS Freight

Blue2Brown

I am about to start driving for UPS freight as a Road Driver. I was a Road driver with FedEx Freight for 9 years so I know that side of it. There is actually a lot of similarities between the two companies. How is it driving for a union carrier? How long does it take for a driver to hit top pay (3 for FedEx)? Is the mileage pay different for day cab meet and turns vs team runs? What I'll be on the Xtra board when I start. I'm in Texas, will I have plenty of runs or will I starve to death. I was told on sleeper runs we will go to a terminal and come back but could stay out longer if the home TM approves it. How true is that. Thanks for any response.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I am about to start driving for UPS freight as a Road Driver. I was a Road driver with FedEx Freight for 9 years so I know that side of it. There is actually a lot of similarities between the two companies. How is it driving for a union carrier? How long does it take for a driver to hit top pay (3 for FedEx)? Is the mileage pay different for day cab meet and turns vs team runs? What I'll be on the Xtra board when I start. I'm in Texas, will I have plenty of runs or will I starve to death. I was told on sleeper runs we will go to a terminal and come back but could stay out longer if the home TM approves it. How true is that. Thanks for any response.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Welcome to the brown Cafe! I dont think that,their are too many freight guys on this forum. Hope you find your answer, sorry I can't be more helpful