New to UPS healthcare

mixyo

Dispatcher
Probably a stupid question, but I recently received my UPS healthcare info (this month is my one-year anniversary so I'm signing up for the first time), and throughout the documentation it mentions the Aetna and BCBS PPO's. Do I have a choice in which provider to use, or is it determined by UPS/region/local, etc.? From what I've read on here it seems that some areas use Aetna and others use BCBS, so I'm not quite sure if I actually have a choice or not.

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
Probably a stupid question, but I recently received my UPS healthcare info (this month is my one-year anniversary so I'm signing up for the first time), and throughout the documentation it mentions the Aetna and BCBS PPO's. Do I have a choice in which provider to use, or is it determined by UPS/region/local, etc.? From what I've read on here it seems that some areas use Aetna and others use BCBS, so I'm not quite sure if I actually have a choice or not.

Your shop steward or local HR rep should be able to give you a basic answer as healthcare varies across the company.

Sent using BrownCafe App