New Training Designed To Oppress

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Bench seats with Armour All applied.
In a Candy Stripe upholstered 1957 BelAir.

Bel-Air-Background.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Usually the people who accuse someone of being brainwashed by the company have been brainwashed themselves by the union. Food for thought.
Interesting been here a long time and have never filed on this company...go to union meetings but not religiously...I have many family members who work in many different types of unions including my lovely wife and I know for a fact that they don't have even close to the issues that upsers have to deal with...ask any teamster local president who the biggest pain in the butt company they have to deal with and you won't hear coke, Pepsi, mgm grand, Kroger, Safeway, or the many other teamster companies....it will always be ups...every single time...ups makes us hate them...

rickyb

The New Training being taught to the driver supervisors is designed to beat the driver down and make him or her scared to resist. Seems UPS likes the "Slave Owner " style. They figure they have enough lawmakers and judges in their back pocket that they are above the law. This training taught states that a :censored2: off employee is a more productive employee. The "NEW" performance ride is not designed to help you correct poor methods, It's designed to Harass, intimidate, and cause you to make any little mistake that you can be disciplined for. An employee who has been given enough progressive discipline will live in fear, work harder, not report injuries and keep quiet about contract and labor law violations. The company loves it and so does the Union.
the system responsible for this is capitalism.

if workers controlled and owned their own jobs, would they vote to do this to themselves? less likely.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
the system responsible for this is capitalism.

if workers controlled and owned their own jobs, would they vote to do this to themselves? less likely.
Go back to Current Events with that silly stuff, please! LOL

Funny, in Current Events, that statement would be credible.

Here, in UPS Discussions, it just seems silly.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
UPS's new training will leave no one out. Their plan is to ride with everyone. It use to be their practice to make an example out of a few to scare the others. The New Training will be to make examples out of everyone. So if you are one of the guys who think "they know betterthan to mess with me." Get Ready. ...you're gonna run more stops per hour or you will have progressive discipline , it's that simple in the training to the supervisors. Here in Central States Region, File a grievance if you want, they will hear your grievance in a year, until then , your progressive discipline keeps piling on to make you look to the panel as if you're a problem employee.
It all just sounds like the standard harassment I see everyday. File, file, and then file.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What gets me frigid is I bet you think all the mind games UPS teaches you to play on the hourly employees isn't being played on you by your bosses. ..LoL. like when they started making you pay for part of your health insurance and forced your spouses off, they told you we were next....that's been how many years ago....yes you are an Einstein.
UPS hasn't taught me how to play any mind games. And it's funny because I wouldn't need to play any games if hourlies didn't try to hide so much. There's a reason so many things are observed at UPS, because at one point someone screwed up.

And when it comes to benefits, Teamsters live in a fantasy world when it comes to benefits. You guys have had it so good for so long you think that your benefits package is normal. Guess what, it's beyond abnormal.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
No worries that we could actually turn a bigger profit?
On the flip side, I would love to OJS on cars and fricken knit pick every single thing we get from them; would love to see sups run the same dispatches we get for YEARS! Anybody can do a route for a day.
Nope. Everybody would have an 8 hour, the sorts would be overstaffed so everything is easier on everybody, extra feeder runs put in. Would love to see guys try to use DPS for dispatch.

We have thin margins as it is. There is a reason things are run so lean.