New UPS Driver - training / breaks

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
He’s still at work, he doesn’t know I posted it - he would be so mad at me.

But yet you posted anyways. I'm sure you doing this would be a great confidence boost to his ego because as you put it, he's a man's man. He's a seasonal employee and will most likely be gone from here in 8 or so weeks. You think little Johnny's confidence is broken now, wait until he does get out on his own and they slam him with stops then call him in the office in the morning because he didn't the route well enough.

Quit worrying, it will only get worse from here on out.

RolloTony Brown Town

breaks and meal are to be taken at the prescribed time. Whoever he’s riding with isn’t helping themselves or your husband by waiting til the end of the day to take breaks.

This is a high stress job. You need to take breaks to clear your head. Take the time to get organized too. It’s amazing what organizing and taking it one stop at a time does for your mentality. Performance comes with time as you get better at the job itself. It’s all about having a strong and smooth routine. Just be supportive, let him vent cause he’ll need to and for gods sake make him a sandwich!

Elmo.goes.to.prom

He works as directed and at this moment a seniority driver is directing him how to work.

If he needs to go to the bathroom tell him to speak up. Drivers at my building are mean and sarcastic as hell but they will always let someone use the bathroom.

john chesney

Hi guys, my husband became a seasonal driver, passed integrad 2 weeks ago. Has been training with a UPS driver for 2 weeks. My husband loves the job, he said it’s stressful but he likes being on the road, you guys would love him he’s a mans man, good guy and would never start trouble.

My question is when he trains with a certain UPS driver that has been training him majority of the time, he doesn’t get any breaks or lunch - is this normal? They take their lunch in the last hour at 6:30 before they have to be back at the shop at 7:30 because I guess they are required to? I get it - but my husband always feels like a failure when he trains with him, he doesn’t even let my husband stop to get a drink or go to the bathroom and they are together 10-11 hours a day. My husband would NEVER complain, just flows with it - I just see the difference in his confidence level etc when he trains with this ups driver, and I personally think not having even 5 minutes to sit and get organized and have a Gatorade is contributing to him feeling like that. Whenever he trains with other guys, they take their break and they love my husband and give him great confidence and they always finish on time.

Any advice would be appreciated, I know I’m gonna get some flack (I’ve read prior posts) and I’m ready for it but if there’s anyone that can maybe shed some light on it for me it would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
If you really want to help him put on a mini skirt some high heel shoes and lots of makeup. You can’t save him from ups but this would help him I’m sure

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I’m truely sorry you don’t have someone that cares about you sweetie or has you’re back, must be pretty sad and lonely for you. No wife? Or maybe she’s with her ex she found in Facebook and you’re bitter? Idk but hope it get some better for you love. ❤️
Or maybe if your husband was a big boy he'd come on here and ask his own questions.

But I would expect nothing less from a man that can't even say "hey I gotta use the restroom."

PT Car Washer

Wow you old timers are ruthless!! Is this what the job does to you?? Makes you miserable and your checking blogs all day to try and make witty comments to try and get some laughs for your ego? Maybe you can ask your mom why she never laughed at your jokes as a kid? Yikes!
Wow you old timers are ruthless!! Is this what the job does to you?? Makes you miserable and your checking blogs all day to try and make witty comments to try and get some laughs for your ego? Maybe you can ask your mom why she never laughed at your jokes as a kid? Yikes!
I think you may be on to something.

UPSquestions4

Or maybe if your husband was a big boy he'd come on here and ask his own questions.

But I would expect nothing less from a man that can't even say "hey I gotta use the restroom."

Or maybe my husband doesn’t know or care about this forum and even if he did he wouldn’t whine about it - I was asking because I don’t know the job and I wasn’t sure if him taking a 5 minute break would help him set his route up and not stress ‍♀️. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand this post, you’re still bitter about your ex. Still sorry about that boo

Brownslave688

Voted funniest kid in my class thank you.

And no I don't find a wife getting on a blog to ask questions for her husband funny. I find it pathetic.

Brownslave688

Or maybe my husband doesn’t know or care about this forum and even if he did he wouldn’t whine about it - I was asking because I don’t know the job and I wasn’t sure if him taking a 5 minute break would help him set his route up and not stress ‍♀️. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand this post, you’re still bitter about your ex. Still sorry about that boo
Lol no idea what possess you women to come on here if you openly admit your husband doesn't give a :censored2: about obtaining the information.

You all get the same welcome and you all get super defensive. Probably because deep down you know you're the reason your husbands won't stand up for themselves.

Oh and I'm happily married thanks though. If you want a real man we might be able to squeeze you in sometime.

Brownslave688

But yet you posted anyways. I'm sure you doing this would be a great confidence boost to his ego because as you put it, he's a man's man. He's a seasonal employee and will most likely be gone from here in 8 or so weeks. You think little Johnny's confidence is broken now, wait until he does get out on his own and they slam him with stops then call him in the office in the morning because he didn't the route well enough.

Quit worrying, it will only get worse from here on out.
A man's man that can't speak up and say hey I gotta piss.

UPSquestions4

Lol no idea what possess you women to come on here if you openly admit your husband doesn't give a :censored2: about obtaining the information.

You all get the same welcome and you all get super defensive. Probably because deep down you know you're the reason your husbands won't stand up for themselves.

Oh and I'm happily married thanks though. If you want a real man we might be able to squeeze you in sometime.

Nothing defensive at all. I’m just not going to take crap from UPS drivers that think they are god. You’re not. But to be fair I never realized how miserable some of you are and that’s sad.