New UPS nonsense, has this started in your center yet?

JL 0513

For the purpose of reports and numbers related to ORION, we are now having to be issued a second DIAD when we assist (take stops off) another driver! Seriously! Either you have to drive all the way back to the building and go all the way back to the other driver or someone inside the building has to drive all the way out to give you a new DIAD. You can no longer transfer the work on your current DIAD because it effects the damn ORION reports.

Clearly, it isn't about saving miles or time or money. It is now about reports, like everything else at UPS. Orion was created to save miles but now where going to add tons of miles to get second DIADs for no reason. Good one! God help our company, we're are going to need it with this absurd management.

What I don't understand is that upper management creates these tactics to make numbers look good to them knowing full well they're just manipulating the reports. So what's the point in it knowing that the numbers are faked?

For the purpose of reports and numbers related to ORION, we are now having to be issued a second DIAD when we assist (take stops off) another driver! Seriously! Either you have to drive all the way back to the building and go all the way back to the other driver or someone inside the building has to drive all the way out to give you a new DIAD. You can no longer transfer the work on your current DIAD because it effects the damn ORION reports.

Clearly, it isn't about saving miles or time or money. It is now about reports, like everything else at UPS. Orion was created to save miles but now where going to add tons of miles to get second DIADs for no reason. Good one! God help our company, we're are going to need it with this absurd management.

What I don't understand is that upper management creates these tactics to make numbers look good to them knowing full well they're just manipulating the reports. So what's the point in it knowing that the numbers are faked?
They can only have so many...off routes deliveries...yes its a big joke.

JL 0513

It's just amazing to me that UPS wastes millions of dollars to satisfy their own eyes knowing it's all phony.

I had a DIAD ran out to me this week that probably cost $40 in resources. Multiply this nationally where tons of driver meets are done regularly. This type of thing pisses me off as an employee of a company that I wish to be very profitable for our sustainability. Imagine what our shareholders would think of this waste. Are they informed of these examples?

The Milkman

The Stooges at Their Best!

rod

Retired 22 years

But the Upper-Upper management (those few in the Ivory Tower) believe all the numbers are real----and that's all that counts. As long as the Ivory Tower is fed numbers that they like--- all is good.

Indecisi0n

Been going on for months now. Just wait until they send you help at like 12:00 to take work and you have to dig through your entire load looking for only certain work. There is no way to know for sure if you got it all until later when you sort your entire truck. Pure :censored2:ing genius I tell y'all.

AutoZone

BrownPower
As for most corporations, it's just smoke and mirrors.. Blow more smoke and create more mirrors to hide and hide the underlying issues.. Someone not doing their job being covered up by someone not doing their job and the cycle runs on, just go fudge over reports to the next guy.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
It's just amazing to me that UPS wastes millions of dollars to satisfy their own eyes knowing it's all phony.

I had a DIAD ran out to me this week that probably cost $40 in resources. Multiply this nationally where tons of driver meets are done regularly. This type of thing pisses me off as an employee of a company that I wish to be very profitable for our sustainability. Imagine what our shareholders would think of this waste. Are they informed of these examples?

They don't care about the money; they want a clean report going upstream, so they don't get their ass handed to them on a conference call. Fear and intimidation; the engine that drives ups.

BrownTexas

We used to have to do that before Orion. They didn't want the number of overrides to be so much if you were from a different loop so they would make you get another board.

Overpaid Union Thug

What's ORION?

onehandsolo

If this movement of the 2nd diad becomes a daily practice, it's needs to only be done by hourly employees.

They were doing this in my center until recently. Now the there preferred way to help another driver is to cover a pickup or two. Last few times a have helped or needed help we just transferred the stops our selves