New UPS nonsense, has this started in your center yet?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They were doing this in my center until recently. Now the there preferred way to help another driver is to cover a pickup or two. Last few times a have helped or needed help we just transferred the stops our selves

This is the way that they prefer to do it in my center as well. Pickups can be transferred between DIADs without affecting ORION.

AKCoverMan

What I don't understand is that upper management creates these tactics to make numbers look good to them knowing full well they're just manipulating the reports. So what's the point in it knowing that the numbers are faked?

Maybe because the numbers that end up on these reports end up determining (right or wrong) promotions and/or bonuses for management employees?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
beforeOrion.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sounds like they're trying to manipulate things to make their reports look different than reality. Maybe a call to the ethics line would be a good idea.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
For the purpose of reports and numbers related to ORION, we are now having to be issued a second DIAD when we assist (take stops off) another driver! Seriously! Either you have to drive all the way back to the building and go all the way back to the other driver or someone inside the building has to drive all the way out to give you a new DIAD. You can no longer transfer the work on your current DIAD because it effects the damn ORION reports.

Clearly, it isn't about saving miles or time or money. It is now about reports, like everything else at UPS. Orion was created to save miles but now where going to add tons of miles to get second DIADs for no reason. Good one! God help our company, we're are going to need it with this absurd management.

What I don't understand is that upper management creates these tactics to make numbers look good to them knowing full well they're just manipulating the reports. So what's the point in it knowing that the numbers are faked?
It was never about the milage.

Never.

That was just their cover story.

JL 0513

Sounds like they're trying to manipulate things to make their reports look different than reality. Maybe a call to the ethics line would be a good idea.

My center says it comes down from corporate which is why I found this strange. If it's corporate concerned with Orion reports why would they have them manipulated knowing that the reports then become fake and useless too actual performance. Are they not into real performance?

This is why I was curious if others were doing this. We've had Orion for a year and we just started this crap this week.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

A few weeks back...I was almost done..at my last pick up actually when I got a message to go help another driver. When I got there he let me look through his diad and take what I knew. He then tried to give me a 2nd diad and said I needed to use it. Not knowing what he was talking about I declined, scanned the stops and transferred them to my board I've used all day. When I returned to building told secretary I didn't use 2nd diad and she said they are gonna be p!$$3d. Not for orien purposes but the fact it's gonna make management look bad for not doing the dispatch correctly....didn't say a word to me the next day.......

AKCoverMan

A few weeks back...I was almost done..at my last pick up actually when I got a message to go help another driver. When I got there he let me look through his diad and take what I knew. He then tried to give me a 2nd diad and said I needed to use it. Not knowing what he was talking about I declined, scanned the stops and transferred them to my board I've used all day. When I returned to building told secretary I didn't use 2nd diad and she said they are gonna be p!$$3d. Not for orien purposes but the fact it's gonna make management look bad for not doing the dispatch correctly....didn't say a word to me the next day.......
So they sent him out with the 2nd DIAD in advance? In other words they knew from the get go they were over dispatching him and want to hide the eventual driver meet by using a 2nd DIAD.

But either they eventually merge the two DIADs. Wouldn't this still mess up the ORION compliance stuff? Or else make it look like you had more cars on the road which screws SPC?

It's at this point where I say "whatever, it pays by the hour". As long as we take care of the customers I guess we can do it in the stupidest/costliest way possible.

JL 0513

This is the thing. If they're trying to cover up bad dispatching or bad Orion compliance or whatever this is, what becomes of the extra DIAD record? How is this record shown?

NonDeliverOtherMissed

So they sent him out with the 2nd DIAD in advance? In other words they knew from the get go they were over dispatching him and want to hide the eventual driver meet by using a 2nd DIAD.

But either they eventually merge the two DIADs. Wouldn't this still mess up the ORION compliance stuff? Or else make it look like you had more cars on the road which screws SPC?

It's at this point where I say "whatever, it pays by the hour". As long as we take care of the customers I guess we can do it in the stupidest/costliest way possible.
I don't know how/if it messes with Orion ..my center does not have it yet....

bumped

My center says it comes down from corporate which is why I found this strange. If it's corporate concerned with Orion reports why would they have them manipulated knowing that the reports then become fake and useless too actual performance. Are they not into real performance?

This is why I was curious if others were doing this. We've had Orion for a year and we just started this crap this week.

Upper management wants Orion to work so UPS can sell this technology to other companies.

bumped

Lately we have someone most days that runs about 50 stops in the morning, and then runs off misloads the rest of the day. Driver puts on up to 170 miles a day.