New UPS trucks designed to add drone on top

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The amount of fossil fuels left is debatable I'm not even gonna touch that one.

The amount might be debatable, but its also irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if you have $1000 or $10,000---if you spend one dollar a day your money will eventually be gone. The only question is when.

rod

Retired 22 years

She should have her own robot to fetch that package so she don't have to get her fat butt up off the couch. When I watch this I can just imagine all the people out there who would be figuring out a way to either steal that package from the robot or figuring out a way to get it to run over their foot so they can sue.

rod

Retired 22 years
The amount might be debatable, but its also irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if you have $1000 or $10,000---if you spend one dollar a day your money will eventually be gone. The only question is when.

I don't think the average person gives a hoot what happens a hundred years from now. One thing for sure though is that it won't be the old United States that I grew up in. Scary things are happening and the US isn't doing anything productive to stop it. Personally I think its too late to turn it around. The leaders of today (?) have NO backbone and all this political correctness HAS to go. It isn't helping anyone other than creating more who feel they are owed everything. A hundred years from now (50 maybe) I picture some other country or religion running the US.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Take a look at the average battery-powered forklift. Compare its range and lifting power to its size and weight. Now try scaling that down to the size of those wheeled robots. Its not possible. Computers and optical sensors and GPS might very well allow it to navigate streets and find a certain address, but something that small simply will not have the range or power to carry a significant amount of cargo.

O

OLDMAN3

It (the 400) can climb stairs, navigate on snow, and carry 300 lbs up a ramp.

Driver loads the robot in truck and sends it down the driveways.

This needs to be addressed in the next contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've no doubt they will be built by the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation. A bunch of mindless jerks who will be the first ones up against the wall when the revolution comes.:D

Imchar1

I can't wait till drones are all over the sky getting blown out of the sky. That includes Amazon UPS FEDEX FBI CIA DHS Local police perverts and child molestors.

Its open season.