Drones to help Package Drivers look like Feeder Drivers

Inthegame

@Inthegame claimed the central just found out about Saturday delivery.
Saturday delivery in the Central Region was first brought to the attention of all CRT locals in attendance at the last CRT JAC in early February.
Prior to that meeting there had been no official release from UPS that Saturday delivery (at least in the Central) was coming to fruition.
I saw that. They didn't read the language that's been getting written in???
?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
One thing this thread isn't talking about with this drone news, the publicity. I just went on Facebook and I saw the story about a half dozen times just scrolling down my feed. That's all this was about. They may be developing something, and I don't doubt we'll see it some day, but this was all about getting some positive press after the earnings report.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Saturday delivery in the Central Region was first brought to the attention of all CRT locals in attendance at the last CRT JAC in early February.
Prior to that meeting there had been no official release from UPS that Saturday delivery (at least in the Central) was coming to fruition.
You want to talk about a group that just isn't paying attention to issues facing their members.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Haven't heard anything about that, but I wouldn't doubt it is in the works. A lot of interesting things being said behind the scenes about what will go down network wide with Sat Delivery

it's not in the works

Get stuff done.

what kind of stuff?

It only takes one I.E. to screw 10 drivers.

i think you confused me with your dispatcher, IE screws management or the inside ops these days

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The "issue" wasn't facing our members, until UPS announced the move.
You can't possibly be serious. It's been known it was coming for 6 months and realistically the writing has been on the wall for a couple of years.

That's like saying I weigh 600 lbs but didn't know I was overweight until my doctor told me. Lol

Inthegame

You can't possibly be serious. It's been known it was coming for 6 months and realistically the writing has been on the wall for a couple of years.

That's like saying I weigh 600 lbs but didn't know I was overweight until my doctor told me. Lol
So you knew 6 months ago the dates, locations, size and scope of this operational change? Why didn't you let us in on it?
You made a silly charge that the IBT was rolling over on this issue. My response was simply no such thing is occurring, but the facts are until a change is announced, not much can be done.
Weightwatchers works.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So you knew 6 months ago the dates, locations, size and scope of this operational change? Why didn't you let us in on it?
You made a silly charge that the IBT was rolling over on this issue. My response was simply no such thing is occurring, but the facts are until a change is announced, not much can be done.
Weightwatchers works.
My local pres said who cares if you have to work Saturday? Cha-Ching. His exact words.

Inthegame

My local pres said who cares if you have to work Saturday? Cha-Ching. His exact words.
That's an unfortunate response. I understand UPS needs to compete but to upset lives with such a drastic reshuffling is troubling.
I know our stewards and BA's are working through as many scenarios as they can think of and addressing the changes to make them as harmless as possible.
Who knows, maybe some higher senior (older) guys might like working Saturday as an easier day.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
One thing this thread isn't talking about with this drone news, the publicity. I just went on Facebook and I saw the story about a half dozen times just scrolling down my feed. That's all this was about. They may be developing something, and I don't doubt we'll see it some day, but this was all about getting some positive press after the earnings report.
Better throw in a story about a driver saving a family from a burning building just for good measure!!