new UPSer here

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Yeah because without the union you are nothing. Now give them part of each one of your paychecks or else.[/quote

] what's your problem?

All of your posts are so negative toward those of us out there, sweating and grunting all day. Oh, that's it we're just peons sweaty dirty peons in your opinion. But isn't it frustrating to know without us there would be no ups.

helenofcalifornia

I totally agree with Lakeland that without the Union we would be a different worker. Not nearly as esteemed by some and probably looking a bit scruffier (read DHL), and a whole lot poorer. I"ll take the Union and all their problems anytime. I was just talking to my daughter who has a $7000 hospital bill she has to pay after having a baby with some birth complications. I had the same situation somewhat and I only owed $400, which for some reason the Union picked up. (To this day I have no idea why they did that, but I was very glad as I was a part timer then) Granted,this was a 22 year difference, but it was those Union/UPS benefits that paid for it. So you all can bash the Union if you want (and I will too) but to say that you would work for UPS without the Teamsters is rather naive.

ImpactedTSG

Yeah because without the union you are nothing. Now give them part of each one of your paychecks or else.[/quote

] what's your problem?

All of your posts are so negative toward those of us out there, sweating and grunting all day. Oh, that's it we're just peons sweaty dirty peons in your opinion. But isn't it frustrating to know without us there would be no ups.
I have nothing against you guys. I have a few issues with unions.

-Unions protect slow lazy workers
-Unions were a nice ride in Detroit, but are now killing the auto industry because they want things to run as if it was 1960
-I hate the mob mentality picket lines. If someone wants to work to feed their kids, why should they have to worry about bricks being thrown at their cars? If you want to stike, do it, but if someone needs to work then let them
-Unions dontate to political candidates even though not all of their members support that particular candidate. So effectively if person A is a republican and also a teamster, their money goes to the democratic candidate
-Everything is based on seniority and not who is best for a position. That is a very inefficient way to run a business.

As far as sweaty dirty peons, I'll send you a picture of me the next time I am on a cabling job and have to crawl through encapsulated ceilings. I am also one of those guys that gets sweaty and dirty as well.

Hedley_Lamarr

I love being in the union. I've been in management for over twenty years (not with UPS) and when things are going good, you're the greatest thing in the world. As soon as problems arise, you find yourself trying to explain why one of your people totally effed something up. When things go real bad you find yourself on the unemployment line. It's happened to me plenty of times. One of the guys I just made book with just gave up his union card and became a sup. They asked me if I had any interest in doing the same, I answered "HELL NO!" I'll bite the bullet for a few years and stay in the union...

well thanks for all the replies, negative and not...its ok so far...i just do my job, not there to talk to people or make friends....some of them think they arre the greatest and preloaders should kiss their :censored2: but oh well...to whomever that asked yeah i'm in the union