New Video! Will the media have our back?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My guess is Joe six pack will never feel sorry for us anyway but they might support the idea of a giant corporation making billions of dollars trying to keep a few dollars an hour and some work rules from people who bust their ass for them day in and day out. And not a lot of package car drivers are making 140 K without a ridiculous amount of hours, and wear on the body,possibly some feeder drivers.
The $140K includes benefits.

Thebrownblob

The $140K includes benefits.
And? Like I said I’ve been here over 30 years and seen people come and go. Just had a driver with three years quit last week to take a job making half the pay half the insurance and none of the retirement. Priorities have changed quite a bit for this generation.
He was extremely excited about getting away from UPS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And? Like I said I’ve been here over 30 years and seen people come and go. Just had a driver with three years quit last week to take a job making half the pay half the insurance and none of the retirement. Priorities have changed quite a bit for this generation.
He was extremely excited about getting away from UPS
This is why UPS needs to offer 401k's in lieu of pensions. 401k's offer the portability that today's workers want.

qdg2

All I'm saying is when Joe Sixpack sees someone striking and hears they get $140k a year from the media, they are not feeling sorry for us.
What about $300k for pilots?
You would be wrong as usual. Like we said before you’ve been gone long enough to not understand the dynamics of this job people do not want to do this job not even for 100 K a year, not to mention in many cities 100 K is not what it used to be.
He's not wrong. Maybe a difference of opinion......like yours. You all are both right and wrong....maybe.

He is right in that lot's of folks still think we are the post Office or Amazon or the Govt.

And will want to "sign up". For $40 per hour.

A lot of folks want to be pilots when they find out the salaries....until they find out it requires military or working for $12k a year...until "they make it" to American or UPS. Or they can't be fat and have diabetes.....

Or that they have to work for$8.50 loading trucks.....at 03:00.
And this is hidden information? It’s not, people already know what we make and then they see what we do…..and say yeah no thanks I’ve been here a long time and I’ve seen them come and try and decide it’s not worth it for them.
Not hidden but largely unknown. A lot of UPS folks have a wildly inflated since of importance. Most...yes, most folks could care less who delivers their package as long as it's free.

Pullman Brown

30% or so of FTers bother to vote, even though everything is done for them. The percentage is much lower for PTers.

I’m not interested in a rabbit trail discussion. My point again was the misleading information that is highlighted whenever the company only talks about drivers and there compensation package to justify there decisions and actions in this negotiation process.

Thebrownblob

What about $300k for pilots?

He's not wrong. Maybe a difference of opinion......like yours. You all are both right and wrong....maybe.

He is right in that lot's of folks still think we are the post Office or Amazon or the Govt.

And will want to "sign up". For $40 per hour.

A lot of folks want to be pilots when they find out the salaries....until they find out it requires military or working for $12k a year...until "they make it" to American or UPS. Or they can't be fat and have diabetes.....

Or that they have to work for$8.50 loading trucks.....at 03:00.

Not hidden but largely unknown. A lot of UPS folks have a wildly inflated since of importance. Most...yes, most folks could care less who delivers their package as long as it's free.
I have a friend who is a pilot for American Airlines. It took many years and many hours of flying. Those guys earn their money.

and I agree with you we both may be right in a sense I believe there will be some people who would never support us no matter what and I believe they’ll be a lot of people who know how hard we work, and how many hours away from family and will support us and one way or another.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I’m not interested in a rabbit trail discussion. My point again was the misleading information that is highlighted whenever the company only talks about drivers and there compensation package to justify there decisions and actions in this negotiation process.
Do you think that it would support their position if they focused on PT wages?

rod

Retired 22 years
All I'm saying is when Joe Sixpack sees someone striking and hears they get $140k a year from the media, they are not feeling sorry for us.
In the grand scheme of things who gives a :poop: what the public thinks? They don't give a crap about you.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
UPS is a great job , unfortunately management is becoming complacent on getting us out of the building efficiently.

Preloads been around what 150 years? And we still can’t get the belt wrapped 🤦‍♂️

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS is a great job , unfortunately management is becoming complacent on getting us out of the building efficiently.

Preloads been around what 150 years? And we still can’t get the belt wrapped 🤦‍♂️
Not quite. We didn't have a preload until the late 70's. Nobody wanted it. We all knew the only thing it meant for drivers was MORE delivery work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you think that your local management team has any say on when the loads (and air) get to your center?

They would love to get you.....especially you.....out of the building as quickly as possible in the morning.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Do you think that your local management team has any say on when the loads (and air) get to your center?

They would love to get you.....especially you.....out of the building as quickly as possible in the morning.
every Christmas it seems like they have a say , the belts mysteriously done at 8:15 during peak 🤷‍♂️